Gable is the honorary captain?

IOWuh

I haven't seen it documented anywhere yet but I've heard from a very reliable source that Gable is going to be the honorary captain this weekend. Here's hoping the master at mental manipulation has this team fired up a notch or two above normal.

I haven't seen it documented anywhere yet but I've heard from a very reliable source that Gable is going to be the honorary captain this weekend. Here's hoping the master at mental manipulation has this team fired up a notch or two above normal.

If this is true, all of the criticism of KF's ability to motivate/fire up the players is BS. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for the honorary captain's address to the players at the end of practice tomorrow.

I think there is a flyover as well in honor of Staff Sgt. Salvatore Guinta! So cheer loudly and proudly!

Is the MOH recipient going to be at the game? That alone ought to fire up the Hawkeyes. Talk about performance under adverse circumstances.

Edit:

http://thegazette.com/2010/11/17/iowa-football-to-honor-giunta-in-saturday-tribute/

The University of Iowa invited recent Medal of Honor recipient Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta to attend Saturday’s Ohio State-Iowa football game, but Giunta cannot attend the game because of a scheduling conflict, according to Iowa associate athletics director Rick Klatt.
Iowa plans to air a video salute to Giunta and all veterans at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday. The salute will contain video from Tuesday’s ceremony and likely will air before the game.
Iowa also plans a pre-game military flyover.
Giunta, a 25-year-old Hiawatha native, was awarded the Medal of Honor in a White House ceremony conducted by President Obama on Tuesday. Giunta is the 3,471st person bestowed the honor, which is the highest military declaration awarded by the United States Government.

Last edited:

Latest posts