Future HAWK needs your prayers!

I can only tell you I know exactly what you are going through from 1st hand experience and you and your child are in our prayers. God bless you.

Our son was born 3 weeks early and only weighed 5 pounds. He was never in NICU, but we had to tread softly for the first few weeks to make sure that he continued to put on weight.

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We have family that goes to our church that 20 years ago, had twin boys that were both early and really small. They are both in college now and the one boy was on the ISU track team.

Great things can happen. No better time to start to pray and ask for help. Know that you little one has people "upstairs" looking after him. Please keep us informed of his progress. You are in great hand at the U!

As the father of two boys, I understand the value of life. I'll be praying that God will strengthen your future Hawk and that you'll be able to take him home healthy!

Gosh i dont even know what to say....you guys are awsome...You sure know how to make a man feel good. They told us on thursday when he was born that he had a 60% chance of dieing. So far he is beating the odds...And beating them handly. My wife and I did everything we could for him to better his chances. Last week on the 19th they wouldnt admit us because he wasnt viable(Spelling?) but they said that if he were to have ANY chance he needed to be born at the U, so we decided to stay at a Hotel in IA City untill either we delivered or got to the 23 week 5 day stage and get admitted. She delivered on thursday at 23 weeks 1 day. He had steroids 48hrs prior so they said that was perfect. His doctor says he is doing awsome. I have asked everyone I know for prayers because theres nothing else I can do now other then be here for him and love him and pray for him. I am not an overly religous man, but I am putting him in Gods hands now. I will keep you all updated and again. You have NO idea how much your thoughts and prayers and kind words mean to us! GO HAWKS and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Keep the good news coming RJ!

I have been there and I know what you are going through is complete agony. Despite a completely uneventful pregnancy, my daughter was born with more issues than I can list and spent weeks in the Nic-U. I left no skin on my knees asking for help. She is 7 mos now and doing great so let me tell you that prayers an positive thinking do help. It also does not hurt that you are at such a good hospital. Good luck to you and I will throw out an extra for you and your family this evening.

You and your baby are in our thoughts and prayers. You are in a great facility and should know that many have walked your path before you and are celebrating life right now.

great to hear everything is going well! the little one and your family are in my thoughts. the help you're getting there is second to none. keep your head high and everything will work itself out

Just wanted to give all of you that prayed and sent kind words for my son, alittle update. Luke is now 2 months old. he started at 1 lb and 5 oz. Luke is now up to 3lbs 2 oz and is doing well. He is having his PDA closed on friday which is going to be a big surgery for him. But he will be fine. It is because of prayer that he is alive and my hawkeye friends on here played a big role in that. I am forever greatfull. Looking out the NICU window, and seeing Kinnick I realize that there is larger things than football. (maybe not many larger things though ha ha) Anyway my son is still on a vent(breathing machine) and will be for about another month. But all is looking well. I met Coach Ferentz in passing a few weeks ago and he was very nice. I spoke with Coach Brands for quite some time last weekend and he was a class act. After speaking with the staff around here about how our coaches and players come and visit I think its important to realize that although they may not always win, they themselves are class acts and are for the most part, turning these young men and women who represent the U of I, into outstanding young men and women. That is much more important that national titles. Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers!

Just wanted to give all of you that prayed and sent kind words for my son, alittle update. Luke is now 2 months old. he started at 1 lb and 5 oz. Luke is now up to 3lbs 2 oz and is doing well. He is having his PDA closed on friday which is going to be a big surgery for him. But he will be fine. It is because of prayer that he is alive and my hawkeye friends on here played a big role in that. I am forever greatfull. Looking out the NICU window, and seeing Kinnick I realize that there is larger things than football. (maybe not many larger things though ha ha) Anyway my son is still on a vent(breathing machine) and will be for about another month. But all is looking well. I met Coach Ferentz in passing a few weeks ago and he was very nice. I spoke with Coach Brands for quite some time last weekend and he was a class act. After speaking with the staff around here about how our coaches and players come and visit I think its important to realize that although they may not always win, they themselves are class acts and are for the most part, turning these young men and women who represent the U of I, into outstanding young men and women. That is much more important that national titles. Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers!

Keep us updated, we are all family. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

This is why im a hawkeye. I dont know if there is another fan base in America that is as close as the hawk fan base is. I love it I love it I love it. Go Hawks!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I have 4 kids that have all been healthy so I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. Reading your post makes me realize what is really important in life.