Future Captains

Hawksd

1.Morris
2.Coker
3.Daniels
4.Vandy

In the order that I would pick. I think having Morris & Coker as 3 year captains would really help with any leadership issues in the future.

Sash and A-Rob would be at the top of my list. Morris is a guy I could maybe see getting a gig, but he's a longshot next year. I'm almost certain he and Coker will be captains their junior and senior seasons.

yeah, i also think its too early for coker and morris. i think they'll probably be there in a couple years though. captains are almost always jr's and sr's, and remember that it's by player vote too.

briggs,
i totally overlooked mcnutt. shame on me. revised list as follows
1. Sash
2. McNutt
3. A-Rob
4. Prater

Sash will definitely stay with a looming lockout situation and a rough year statistically.

I think any list should start with McNutt. I remember hearing of his leadership qualities on the field even as a freshman.

The rest of my list would be:
1. McNutt
2. Sash
3. Reiff
4. ARob

1. McNutt (enough said)
2. Vandenberg (always a good idea to have the QB be a captain)
3. Morris (it may be too early but from what I hear, he's got incredible leadership skills)
4. Prater (he's got a nasty streak and is always trash talking out there; we need to get that Matt Roth-esque nastiness back on D)

McNutt I'm not sure about. He's an EXCELLENT "lead by example" guy, but he doesn't seem to be very vocal. Seems like a REALLY quiet guy. That worked for Brad Banks, but Banks was also playing QB and made the offense tick.

Don't get me wrong, we need to have guys like that on the team. But I think we need to have more vocal leaders as captains. We didn't seem to have that this year.

This is actually hard.

Some of the juniors and seniors that have played and will be starters have had good citizen issues.
Prater
Reiff
Ferentz

Others haven't been all that vocal

Others might not even be starters

Or guys that haven't played a lot

The only clear-cut choice is Sash and he might not even be here.

We really lacked leadership this year, and we also lacked a Pat Angerer type of prankster that could always keep the mood light.

I don't think an underclassman can command the respect to be the type of captain that this team needs.

We need emotional leaders, people to get everyone fired up. Lord knows our coaches don't do that. No more quiet go about your business guys.

Mike Daniels
Tyler Sash
The other two are up for debate.

Latest posts