Fuller and Brust

I don't know that anyone knows who our "best player" is, but for my money it is the guy who still sees the value in passing up an early open 3 for better 2. If we lean on the 3-ball any more, Fran's coaching career at Iowa will end much like Lick's.

I'm surprised at how down everyone is on Fuller's 3 point shot. I thought he did pretty well out there, particularly towards the beginning of the season and last year.

Does somebody have actually statistics to clear this up? Right now its just emotional impressions, which don't mean much. Is there somewhere that posts the players stats?

I'm surprised at how down everyone is on Fuller's 3 point shot. I thought he did pretty well out there, particularly towards the beginning of the season and last year.

Does somebody have actually statistics to clear this up? Right now its just emotional impressions, which don't mean much. Is there somewhere that posts the players stats?

He shot 20% from the 3 point line. Your post really makes me wonder if you have ever seen him shoot a 3 pointer.

Aaron Fuller Stats, News, Photos - Iowa Hawkeyes - ESPN
29.7% last season, 20% this season. Emotions aside, that's not very good.

Doesn't Fuller have a facebook page? Someone has to know something about him. How can he keep in the dark for 3 days? I'm impatient. I really hope he comes back. We'll need him.

eh, who cares ... always attrition during a coaching change ... I'm already looking forward to 2011-12

not that I won't watch next season, but no expectations, none, not good or bad, just interest, which is fun!

He shot 20% from the 3 point line. Your post really makes me wonder if you have ever seen him shoot a 3 pointer.

I've seen him shoot 3's, just don't remember him making one. He seemed to aware of that towards the last half of the season....when he started becoming a huge presence inside the line, and on the o boards.

Hopefully Fran teaches these guys how to shoot free throws. There are two guys on the team that shot over 70% last year, 3 if you count lil licks 5-6 performance. Brommer 18-24 75% and Gatens 84-101 83%. That in it itselft could make this team more competitive.

eh, who cares ... always attrition during a coaching change ... I'm already looking forward to 2011-12

not that I won't watch next season, but no expectations, none, not good or bad, just interest, which is fun!

I think this attitude is the wrong approach. We need to start being competitive now. Coach realizes this. This is not to say that compete for the Big Ten championship in his first 2 years but improvement and show signs that he is the right fit for his job. He communicated this very effectively on Monday. Reading about his first year at Siena was rather remarkable. If he can have a winning record with what he had to work with in his first year there (player injuries and transfers) he should be competitive with the pieces in place here. That first year won't be the end point but it should be a positive step in the right direction.

Our goal as fans is to support him from day 1 and help fill the stadium even if the team isn't doing great in the standings. Some early momentum goes a long way towards future success. That is what happened at Siena. A better than expected first year led to very good recruiting and results down the line.

I think this attitude is the wrong approach. We need to start being competitive now. Coach realizes this. This is not to say that compete for the Big Ten championship in his first 2 years but improvement and show signs that he is the right fit for his job. He communicated this very effectively on Monday. Reading about his first year at Siena was rather remarkable. If he can have a winning record with what he had to work with in his first year there (player injuries and transfers) he should be competitive with the pieces in place here. That first year won't be the end point but it should be a positive step in the right direction.

Our goal as fans is to support him from day 1 and help fill the stadium even if the team isn't doing great in the standings. Some early momentum goes a long way towards future success. That is what happened at Siena. A better than expected first year led to very good recruiting and results down the line.

I think that was what he was trying to say, just in much fewer words than you. He said he has no expectations for next year. My guess would be that means he's not going to pin up numbers and say 'get here or we're gonna be on your a**'. If Lick were here next year, I would have said about 18 wins, with at least 7 of those coming in the Big Ten. But with Coach Fran, I won't set a benchmark in wins. I just want to see the team compete better, and win the games they should, and hope fully take a few that they shouldn't. But to say that's your expectation puts McCaffery behind the 8-ball after year 1 if he doesn't make it to 18. I think we can, and I'll be at every game I can get to, but I'm not going to make demands at this point.

Hopefully Fran teaches these guys how to shoot free throws. There are two guys on the team that shot over 70% last year, 3 if you count lil licks 5-6 performance. Brommer 18-24 75% and Gatens 84-101 83%. That in it itselft could make this team more competitive.

But wait Brommer can't shoot Free Thows!:rolleyes:

I think Payne is a better free throw shooter than he showed.

I think that was what he was trying to say, just in much fewer words than you. He said he has no expectations for next year. My guess would be that means he's not going to pin up numbers and say 'get here or we're gonna be on your a**'. If Lick were here next year, I would have said about 18 wins, with at least 7 of those coming in the Big Ten. But with Coach Fran, I won't set a benchmark in wins. I just want to see the team compete better, and win the games they should, and hope fully take a few that they shouldn't. But to say that's your expectation puts McCaffery behind the 8-ball after year 1 if he doesn't make it to 18. I think we can, and I'll be at every game I can get to, but I'm not going to make demands at this point.

I guess the part I had problems with is saying that wins won't matter and it is just about improvement. That first year at Siena by the fact he got to a winning record really showed he could turn the program around. I think a winning record next year for us could do the same thing. Now I am not going to say that he should be on the hot seat if he doesn't have a winning record but the mindset has to be aggressive and ambitious from the coach, the players and the fans.

This just shows how low we are that 17 wins next year would actually give us momentum.

I guess the part I had problems with is saying that wins won't matter and it is just about improvement. That first year at Siena by the fact he got to a winning record really showed he could turn the program around. I think a winning record next year for us could do the same thing. Now I am not going to say that he should be on the hot seat if he doesn't have a winning record but the mindset has to be aggressive and ambitious from the coach, the players and the fans.

This just shows how low we are that 17 wins next year would actually give us momentum.

But that's the situation that we're in. It ain't happening overnight. I'll give my support like it's going to, but I find that much easier to do when I'm not expecting it, because then if it doesn't, I don't feel so deflated that I start to lose interest. By year 2 I don't think any of us will feel as though we're forcing it or what not. I think that'll be the year we start to really get back to Iowa Basketball.

But that's the situation that we're in. It ain't happening overnight. I'll give my support like it's going to, but I find that much easier to do when I'm not expecting it, because then if it doesn't, I don't feel so deflated that I start to lose interest. By year 2 I don't think any of us will feel as though we're forcing it or what not. I think that'll be the year we start to really get back to Iowa Basketball.

If you are supporting and cheering then that is all I care about. I just worry that people will say it is the first year so why bother going to games because they won't be good. That is the attitude that will make it much tougher to turn this around. I think Coach realizes that even this late one player can make a big difference and I am sure he is trying to find them. I just hope the fans are there to support the effort.

If you are supporting and cheering then that is all I care about. I just worry that people will say it is the first year so why bother going to games because they won't be good. That is the attitude that will make it much tougher to turn this around. I think Coach realizes that even this late one player can make a big difference and I am sure he is trying to find them. I just hope the fans are there to support the effort.

Oh believe me, I'll be cheering like I haven't cheered since high school (I'll be a junior at the UI in the fall). I just won't tack on 'expectations' for this year as far as wins are concerned. The only thing I guess I demand from the team next year is that they pass the eyeball test, whether that translates to 12 wins or 20. If they lost all their games to the MSU's, Purdue's, etc. by 5 points or less, I'd be pretty hopeful with a 12-14 win season. Like I said, Year 2 is when I'll start expecting to see the wins, and if Coach's history indicates anything, we should get quite a few of them then.

People continued to make fun of Brommer's free throw shooting even though he improved and shot 75%, pretty good for a big man.

Then I think Payne is actually a good Free Throw shooter, he just had a bad start and it snowballed. I believe he will prove that next season.

I don't understand what's confusing.

Latest posts