FuboTV

MelroseHawkins

I hate to start a new thread on this subject, but I spent time trying to find the old one to comment in but could not and tired of looking.

Anyway, I have had YouTube TV for at least 8 years and like it pretty well. I see the FuboTV has some of the other stations my wifey might like as well as the Marquee Network which would be a huge plus. I have been a Cubs fans since I was a kid but have really become disconnected the past two years because of the viewing options for Cub's games.

I think FuboTV would have everything as far as sports go and wouldn't miss anything. It's a few $$ more but might be worth it.

So, anybody have Fubo and what are your thoughts? Things you really like or dislike? Any comments are appreciated.

I hate to start a new thread on this subject, but I spent time trying to find the old one to comment in but could not and tired of looking.

Anyway, I have had YouTube TV for at least 8 years and like it pretty well. I see the FuboTV has some of the other stations my wifey might like as well as the Marquee Network which would be a huge plus. I have been a Cubs fans since I was a kid but have really become disconnected the past two years because of the viewing options for Cub's games.

I think FuboTV would have everything as far as sports go and wouldn't miss anything. It's a few $$ more but might be worth it.

So, anybody have Fubo and what are your thoughts? Things you really like or dislike? Any comments are appreciated.
They're pretty much a wash with channels except for Marquee, so basically whatever the price difference is, that's what you're paying to watch the Cubs every month. I watch zero TV other than sports so myself I couldn't give a shit less what other channels there are. Some people need their fix of My 600 Lb Life or Real Housewives, or HGTV garbage, however, but that ain't me so I can't comment on it. I will say the Ed and Rose episodes of 90 Day Fiance were the highest quality network television in the history of the world.

The deal breaker for me is family sharing. My buddy and I family share so I get YouTube TV for $35 a month. I add on top of that $25 a month for the MLB package and I'm still less than full price.

Long story short, it's a total wash because you get the Cubs, but you gotta pay for the Cubs (the higher price of Fubo). Unless your wife really needs to watch The Duggars, or a dog show, or re-broadcasts of the 2021 World Badminton Doubles Championships, or CSI episodes from 2008. In that case you'd have to dissect the lineup.

We went to Fubo from YouTubeTV in March as it was cheaper and we got Marquee, but the interface is way less user friendly. We don't notice anything diff channel selection wise, but don't watch much live TV outside of some sports.

I'm with Hawkboys on this. Switched over due to my fiancee being a Cubs fan and YouTube TV not carrying Marquee. Both had NBC Sports Chicago which carry my White Sox, so we made the switch.

I don't really watch much besides sports. Ran into a little trouble with March Madness and Fubo not carrying TNT. Also, missed out on some NBA games as well, but for the price and the aforementioned, it seems ok.

They recently picked up Bally Sports, so I get a few more games for baseball.

I guess I'd rather live without the Cubs vs losing a March Madness channel. My wife would not like that and it's not worth the battle. Thanks all.

I mean I've gone a couple seasons now of not really seeing any games and have been disconnecting from the team after being a fan my entire life. I don't relate to the team and I don't even care to travel to Chicago for a game. I'm not going to spend the $$ to travel and watch a game I don't relate to the players or team. I haven't bought a Cubs shirt in the past few years. There goes those sales. I've had 2-3 shirts or hats in my closet my entire life. I don't care to wear any of their merch anymore, and I think that is quite common. I don't see people wearing nearly as much Cubs gear as I used to in the past. What a stupid move by Ricketts and company.

A note I sent to the Cubs. There email address didn't work so I printed it off and sent by snail mail.

I recently posted on a sports forum board discussing TV and viewing options, mostly concerning viewing Cubs games. This, as you know, has been a huge struggle and very frustrating for fans, and for lifetime fans, such as me. I have disconnected from the players and team over the past few seasons, and to be honest, I now can’t name 5 players on the team. I used to know the entire line-up, the pitching rotation, assistant coaches, and who would be on the “bump” the next game. I viewed every game when on and DVR’d all games if I was not around to view live. Below is a copy/paste of a post I made in a thread on a sports forum that is verbatim. Please feel free to share with Mr. Rickett’s and those whom you feel would be interested if you feel fit. Thank you.

Oh, and now I’m not even seeking out games that are on any other networks besides the Cub’s Marquee network.

“I mean I've gone a couple seasons now of not really seeing any games and have been disconnecting from the team after being a fan my entire life. I don't relate to the team and I don't even care to travel to Chicago for a game. I'm not going to spend the $$ to travel and watch a game I don't relate to the players or team. I haven't bought a Cubs shirt in the past few years. There goes those sales. I've had 2-3 shirts or hats in my closet my entire life. I don't care to wear any of their merch anymore, and I think that is quite common. I don't see people wearing nearly as much Cubs gear as I used to in the past. What a stupid move by Ricketts and company.”