FS1 Post Game-even worse

uihawk82

Reggie Bush crying in his soup, saying 'us', you cant hire guys for this job who are this biased. Dont assign guys who are alums and cant keep their feelings from showing through so obviously. And so many times these analysts just cant get off the bandwagon of a top name program even when they are not that strong. Give Brady Quinn props for saying what no one else does is that the Hawks play very sound football, very seldom get beat soundly, and if that first half fumble recovery isnt overturned the hawks may have had a 35 -14 halftime lead.

Reggie Bush crying in his soup, saying 'us', you cant hire guys for this job who are this biased. Dont assign guys who are alums and cant keep their feelings from showing through so obviously. And so many times these analysts just cant get off the bandwagon of a top name program even when they are not that strong. Give Brady Quinn props for saying what no one else does is that the Hawks play very sound football, very seldom get beat soundly, and if that first half fumble recovery isnt overturned the hawks may have had a 35 -14 halftime lead.
Gus Johnson was obviously rooting for USC as well.

I said it before the game started.....the TV narrative would be...

USC wins....better program
Iowa wins...USC didn't play up to talent level/expectations.

yup

Reggie and Mattie thought 'their' team of 5 stars just needed to strap on a helmet and beat the slow farm kids from the fly-over state.

Sun Tzu and Hayden are upstairs still laughing at the FS1/SC Crew's ignorant comments from last night.

USC has probably the best recruiting area in the country, if not the country then they are top two. Yet they go 8-5 in a down year in the Pac12.
USC probably has "out recruited" both Iowa and Wisconsin each of the last 20 years. Yet both teams have beaten them in a bowl game close to their home.

I can tolerate a homer like Bush, but it would have been cool to have had an Iowa alum in the booth as well.

It was a beautiful job of domination even if it was boring for Fox.

I know everyone on here isn't new, you guys should be used to this type of stuff. Iowa had a better record, was higher ranked, played a tougher schedule, and has a legendary coach. They were picked to lose by many because of the way Iowa plays and go's about their business. They are an outlier in flyby country that plays throwback football that "can't compete" with the big boys and blue bloods.

Once again the Hawks show what hard work and dedication do. This happens every single year and more times than not Iowa shuts their mouth. The talking heads are never going to learn we just need to laugh at them for making the same mistake over and over again but you should never not expect anything from the media

I like Gus's calls....but he did lean condoms on this one....

Oh my yes and on one play Gus was just gushing about USC's speed, 5 star players, their skill. And I think Gus usually just calls a game with a lot of energy and good mojo but he did go over the top on USC a few times.

But he also gave the hawks a lot of props. Didnt Gus and Klatt call the big Hawk win over Minny this year? So they know Iowa can play great football.

And I think it is top notch football to watch Stanley throw laser bolts and arching rainbows to his receivers and run reverses and good runs by the running backs .

People on this board have always been hyper-sensitive to this kind of thing. Inferiority complex much? Gus gushed about both teams at appropriate times, he's a total pro. And Joel Klatt was extremely complimentary towards Iowa throughout. The studio crew had two former USC athletes, so I expected bias from them, and I enjoyed Reggie melting down over the loss. Nothing to see here.

Latest posts