FS1 Post Game-even worse

People on this board have always been hyper-sensitive to this kind of thing. Inferiority complex much? Gus gushed about both teams at appropriate times, he's a total pro. And Joel Klatt was extremely complimentary towards Iowa throughout. The studio crew had two former USC athletes, so I expected bias from them, and I enjoyed Reggie melting down over the loss. Nothing to see here.

If Fox Sports/FS1/FS2 want to be given ANY credibility--at all--having two in-studio guys from the same school using personal pronouns in front of, during, and after broadcasts needs to be reassessed. U$C actually had to "officially cut ties" with Reggie Bush, yet he blathers on as if he is still part of the program. And since Leinart was there at the same time, you can bet he was part of all that.

NOT a good look from Fox Sports.

Last edited:
USC probably has "out recruited" both Iowa and Wisconsin each of the last 20 years. Yet both teams have beaten them in a bowl game close to their home.

I can tolerate a homer like Bush, but it would have been cool to have had an Iowa alum in the booth as well.

It was a beautiful job of domination even if it was boring for Fox.
Anthony Herron would have been perfect. And he does PAC 12 games for FS1 if I'm not mistaken.

He would have been a dynamite partner with Gus or a good addition to the studio.

I can tolerate a homer like Bush, but it would have been cool to have had an Iowa alum in the booth as well.
The problem with that is that former Hawkeyes try really hard NOT to bring in their past, even when specifically asked about it. You have Anthony Herron working for the PAC-12 Network, Paul Burmeister for NBC Sports, Chuck Long, Jess Settles and others working for the BTN. You will never - EVER - hear the word "WE" coming out of their mouths. That is the way it should be. And it gives those individuals absolute class with what they do.
My question concerns whether ANYBODY from either FOX Sports or USC was embarrassed by the performances of Bush League & Whinert.

Reggie Bush crying in his soup, saying 'us', you cant hire guys for this job who are this biased. Dont assign guys who are alums and cant keep their feelings from showing through so obviously. And so many times these analysts just cant get off the bandwagon of a top name program even when they are not that strong. Give Brady Quinn props for saying what no one else does is that the Hawks play very sound football, very seldom get beat soundly, and if that first half fumble recovery isnt overturned the hawks may have had a 35 -14 halftime lead.
I don’t mind it if they counter with an Iowa homer. Quinn tried to give Iowa credit but Bush’s tears drowned him out.

Bush was using "we" and "they". Leinhart, I thought, did a much better job of remaining neutral. He did not use "we" and "they". But, as it has been stated, I think poor job by Fox to have two homers on the studio crew. At the very least, Reggie Bush should be coached up on proper journalistic practices.