Frontcourt depth

Nigel Hayes is 6'7'' 250lbs as a frosh....and he is very athletic...and can shoot a 15fter...there was a reason why he was the FOY and 6th man of the year in the league...he is that good. We have no one that can counter him in the paint...same with kaminsky...remember how he put that bucket in with 30 second left to give Wis. the lead in Carver for good? His footwork earned that huge bucket, and Gabe could not guard him. Vito Brown was the frosh center who started playing more late in the year, and will be the backup to Kam at center...and he looks pretty good himself.

Hayes is not more athletic than Olaseni, he is more skilled, totally different.

Last edited:
Good lord, the majority of the history of basketball is an example of how having two big men on the court works.

I clearly made no comparison to the skill level of the players, just that height helps rebounding which helps scoring

Why did I just have to explain that?

Maybe you haven't noticed, but college basketball is dominated be guard oriented teams. Can't believe I had to explain that. Listing one team with exceptional posts or trying to use "history" to prove that 2 tall players=more rebounding=more points is beyond simplistic and stupid.

These arguments are based on a static analysis. However, some players will improve more than other players, we just won't know who is in which category until the season gets underway next fall. It happens every year - every year. I just hope that Woodbury and Olaseni are in the more improved category. Example - Who would have predicted at the end of the 2012-2013 season that Nick Stauskus would be the Big Ten POY for 2013-2014.

You think we're thin next year, wait til 15-16. It's panic-city. Woody, Uhl (who is still unproven)...and then?.... Uthoff is a 3..at best a small 4.

Fran better be looking for a power JUCO guy or we're gonna get killed on the boards in 2015-16.

If you think we are thin in 15-16 wait till Woody graduates. We won't have any proven big guys. Then the following year when Jok graduates we are in serious trouble cause we won't have anyone on the team who has played a minute of college ball.

If you think we are thin in 15-16 wait till Woody graduates. We won't have any proven big guys. Then the following year when Jok graduates we are in serious trouble cause we won't have anyone on the team who has played a minute of college ball.

Lol then the next year we'll have to kill off the program.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but college basketball is dominated be guard oriented teams. Can't believe I had to explain that. Listing one team with exceptional posts or trying to use "history" to prove that 2 tall players=more rebounding=more points is beyond simplistic and stupid.

I never made even a suggestion as to any specific way being more effective, what I originally said is that two bigs doesn't ruin spacing, which is why your original comment was irrelevant.

Now if you really just suggested height doesn't help rebounding...well that is beyond stupid.

I am not worried about our depth. We have enough. Besides guards win championships. With Trey, MG and the others AC, JO, and PJ, we will be fine....

Why are you so butthurt every single time somebody disagrees with you? The bolded portion is extremely ironic coming from you.

In my opinion, Kaminsky>Woody/Gabe>Hammons.

It has nothing to do with someone disagreeing with me. In the post I quoted I was told my opinion was wrong. An opinion can't be wrong. It's an opinion.

I find this post from you to be ironic. You are one of the most contradictory posters on this board IMO.

I think Nicholas Baer will surprise people and contribute positive minutes at the 4. I saw him play a lot at Bettendorf. He's got nice touch, and athleticism.

Latest posts