From Kirk Herbstreit re: Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
He just tweeted this out, in retweeting the article I wrote last night:

"Great article. Angry? Yes. Frustrated? Yes. But, a really well written article. Makes a lot of strong points!"

He just tweeted this out, in retweeting the article I wrote last night:

"Great article. Angry? Yes. Frustrated? Yes. But, a really well written article. Makes a lot of strong points!"

Probably one of your best articles, Jon.

And I have to give props to Herby for manning up and basically admitting he was wrong.

Herbstreit is definitely a blue blood program homer on ESPN, but in my opinion is still one of the most fair minded commentators on any network.

Historically has been positive on Iowa almost to a fault.

Probably one of your best articles, Jon.

And I have to give props to Herby for manning up and basically admitting he was wrong.

Herbstreit it is one of the best for sure and admitted he was wrong. That's rare today.

The article Jon Miller wrote is one of if not the best piece he's ever done. And it was written one day after the game. That was impressive.

Herbstreit is definitely a blue blood program homer on ESPN, but in my opinion is still one of the most fair minded commentators on any network.

Historically has been positive on Iowa almost to a fault.

Herby moved to Nashville from Columbus because the Buck fans thought he was anti-OSU. He was getting all sorts of threats.

It's starting to remind of '09 again. All the talking heads having to find some way to work Iowa into their discussion cause they have to and watching them seem almost irritated about it. I do like KH though, he's always been a guy willing to talk up whoever deserves it. He was high on the hawks in preseason last year with Rudock returning along with most of the offense.

I agree the article sounded whiny. 3 weeks ago, Iowa was not ranked and nobody was talking about Iowa.

Today they are #12 and ESPN is talking about Iowa. Respect builds slowly.

You should have stuck with the argumemt that Iowa has beat 2 ranked teams on the road and deserves some respect, and left all the other whiny stuff out of it.

Mich fans got a taste of what happens when you demamd too much respect before you earn it. If Iowa keeps winning, Iowa get its chance for respect in the CCG.

Quite probable that Iowa will lose at least 1 game. It will be interesting to see what they have to say then. "See I told you Iowa was no good."

If they should go 12-0, heads will explode.;)

Last edited:
The girls over at CyFan disagree. ;)

The jealousy coming out of that fan base this year is flat out embarrassing. They have a team full of jucos who have been pieced together who have a coach who has nobody buying into his hollow pep talks. The team is not united. They know their coach is just blowing hot air at this point and they have a victim culture that Rhodes has instilled into that program. It's always a woe is me, it's not our fault we lost mentality. No credibility for their own play. They talk about being at least a .500 team in the B1G because they play in the super awesome Big 12. Nevermind the fact that TCU was nearly upset by Minny. Clown fans were ready to start baskeball season and say "whatever" to their crappy football team. That is until Iowa gets some pub and now clown fans are coming back out of the woodwork to poopoo the Hawks. Clowns are once again engaged into college football, but only to root against their older brother.....Pathetic and embarrassing!

The jealousy coming out of that fan base this year is flat out embarrassing. They have a team full of jucos who have been pieced together who have a coach who has nobody buying into his hollow pep talks. The team is not united. They know their coach is just blowing hot air at this point and they have a victim culture that Rhodes has instilled into that program. It's always a woe is me, it's not our fault we lost mentality. No credibility for their own play. They talk about being at least a .500 team in the B1G because they play in the super awesome Big 12. Nevermind the fact that TCU was nearly upset by Minny. Clown fans were ready to start baskeball season and say "whatever" to their crappy football team. That is until Iowa gets some pub and now clown fans are coming back out of the woodwork to poopoo the Hawks. Clowns are once again engaged into college football, but only to root against their older brother.....Pathetic and embarrassing!

Misery loves company. It's hard for them to watch big brother's success.

Latest posts