From Afghanistan

LVNHawks

January 5th was my oldest son's 38th Birthday. He is currently stationed at Camp Mike Spann in Afghanistan. He is a displaced Iowa Boy serving in the GA National Guard. So, when the Bowl games were announced, I knew immediately what to send him for Christmas. An Orange Bowl shirt, Hawkeye Flag, Hawkeye Poncho, anything Hawkeye I could get my hands on. So, being a proud Hawk fan, he bet another First Sgt who is a GA Tech fan that if Iowa won, the GA tech Sgt would have to wear the Hawk stuff and fly the Iowa flag. If GA Tech won, my son would have to sing the GA Tech fight song to the company. He sent me some photos from photos of the "loser". I will try to post them - I just wanted to say Go Hawks and thank you to the fans, coaches and the entire team for an amazing season. And for making many Soldiers very happy.

Very, very, very cool.

Thanks for sharing. I'll say a few prayers for his safe return to U.S. soil.

January 5th was my oldest son's 38th Birthday. He is currently stationed at Camp Mike Spann in Afghanistan. He is a displaced Iowa Boy serving in the GA National Guard. So, when the Bowl games were announced, I knew immediately what to send him for Christmas. An Orange Bowl shirt, Hawkeye Flag, Hawkeye Poncho, anything Hawkeye I could get my hands on. So, being a proud Hawk fan, he bet another First Sgt who is a GA Tech fan that if Iowa won, the GA tech Sgt would have to wear the Hawk stuff and fly the Iowa flag. If GA Tech won, my son would have to sing the GA Tech fight song to the company. He sent me some photos from photos of the "loser". I will try to post them - I just wanted to say Go Hawks and thank you to the fans, coaches and the entire team for an amazing season. And for making many Soldiers very happy.

Great story! May God Bless your son for his dedication and service.

Thank you for your support. It is great Americans and Iowans that my son and his men have in mind while serving their country. By the way, he loved Stanzi's "love it or leave it" speech.

That's seriously AWESOME LVNHawks! Great story and pics! Where did you get the flag? I bought the exact same one for myself for Christmas while shopping for another one ("House Divided" Hawks/Clones flag) for some friends of mine!

Thank you and God Bless, to your son and his company for fighting for our country!

Tremendous! Thank you and your wonderful son for sharing this and for your son's awesome service to the United States of America! God Bless you and your family, LVNHawk.

Latest posts