Friday Night Games

BVHawk95

Utah St. currently able to hold Sparty's O in check, along with the supposed speed of their offense giving them troubles early.

Tyler Wiegers lighting it up for Eastern Michigan so far as well. The former Iowa QB pipeline seems to be jn good shape.

Looking forward to seeing if the Badgers are able to shake their early season jitters this year.

Sparty also getting hosed by the refs. Two confusing calls.

I thought the WR incomplete pass was the right call in spite of the broadcasters rant. If you watch closely you can see the ball slide out and hit the ground. It's really dark but you can see it.

The lewerke fumble was dicey but it woulda been grounding if it wasn't a fumble and didnt lead to a Utah state score anyway.

Utah states scoring drives: 7 plays 75 yards. 9 plays 72 yards. That should be more concerning to the michigan state nassars than anything.

Sparty picking it up at the end of the half. Ahead of Utah St. 20-14.

Mich.St had good rushing defense but seemed to be playing prevent defense.

I thought the WR incomplete pass was the right call in spite of the broadcasters rant. If you watch closely you can see the ball slide out and hit the ground. It's really dark but you can see it.

The lewerke fumble was dicey but it woulda been grounding if it wasn't a fumble and didnt lead to a Utah state score anyway.

Utah states scoring drives: 7 plays 75 yards. 9 plays 72 yards. That should be more concerning to the michigan state nassars than anything.
Fumble or not, that was dumb by Lewerke. The incomplete pass I'm not so sure. Seems pretty inconclusive.

Might be a moot point, because it seems like they've woken up.

One thing I've noticed is they're not handling pressure super well. Part of it is that tricky 3-3-5, and part the fact that Utah State is sending the house every other play.

Sparty hate goggles off for a second, thank god that wasn't called targeting. My biggest problem with the rule is it places all blame on the defender no matter what, and that was really the only play Bachie could have made.

Okay, hate goggles back on.

At the very least I hope Iowa is taking notes that they cant just walk into tomorrow and stomp on their opponent

USU made a game of it. Sparty's pass defense wasn't too hot tonight allowing 319 passing yards. But held USU to about 27 yards rushing.

Taylor is just a beast.

I feel like that fat gaglianone kicker dude has been at Wisconsin for 17 years.

Hornibrook missed a couple of long down-field passes to wide open receivers, but has been excellent inside 25 yards. Racking up stats.

I don't see Wisky letting up in this one.

Key to Hornitoad. Must have protection. Take that away, becomes worthless.
Plus his receivers are serviceable, but not stars. The announcers were mentioning they had a problem getting consistent separation.

Not that Wiscy looked bad, but WKU seemed unable to get out of their own way. That reverse pass on 3rd and short inside the red zone was a ridiculously bad play call.

Plus his receivers are serviceable, but not stars. The announcers were mentioning they had a problem getting consistent separation.

Not that Wiscy looked bad, but WKU seemed unable to get out of their own way. That reverse pass on 3rd and short inside the red zone was a ridiculously bad play call.

I think you take your chances in a game like that, but they were moving the ball fine anyways. Wiscy didnt seem too prepared for stopping their option.

Latest posts