Friday Newstand (links)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/2009-10-22-iowa_N.htm - USA Today

Errr, how do you post a url but have it appear as the article's title as Jon did above???? Frustrating.

iahawk72

Type the text you want the link to read as...then copy the link you want...then highlight the text you typed, and click on the globe icon...paste the url there, and it it will make your typed text the link. I think there may be a plugin we can use to make this easier...I will look into it.

Type the text you want the link to read as...then copy the link you want...then highlight the text you typed, and click on the globe icon...paste the url there, and it it will make your typed text the link. I think there may be a plugin we can use to make this easier...I will look into it.

Works, thanks. I am not use to seeing the code appear in the message. Is it possible to have an icon where you can select an option to see any editing changes you make in your post appear as they will when you post it as opposed to only seeing text like:
which appeared on this post as I am typing this. Can it just show quotes (") instead of what appears to be code? And do this without having to preview it first.

iahawk72

With our software we have now, I think many things are possible. If you could post this in the site feedback forum, that would be good because I check there each day as does the design team to work on a to do list. Thank you

http://www.thespread.com/ncaa-footb...n-state-point-spread-odds-matchup-report.html

Nothing real insightful in this article. It's pretty much a rehash of stuff that most of you probably already have seen about the Hawkeyes, but I thought I'd post it.

I thought this was interesting:

"Current public betting information shows that 81% of bets for this game have been placed on Michigan State -1"

I've seen the question posted before, but has any other top 10 team ever gone consecutive weeks being the underdog to unranked teams?

Big Ten mailblog
October 23, 2009 4:30 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg

Of note:

- In case you were wondering: if PSU wins out, OSU wins out, and Iowa only loses to OSU, Iowa will go to the Rose Bowl anyway

- Adam isn't ready to agree that this is necessarily Ron Zook's last year, and for good reason

Uh, correction.

Both Ohio State and Penn State can't win out because they play Nov. 7 in Happy Valley. (Consequently, Iowa would need Penn State to beat OSU if OSU were to beat Iowa.)

Latest posts