Freshman #'s and others

So that's 7 freshman. If we graduate all of them at the same time, that's going to change the team in a hurry. Hopefully Fran can pickup a star player each of the next 3 years to offset the huge attrition in 2016.... Having one of those 7 redshirt would be good, too. Maybe the one who is in the dog house at the moment??

So that's 7 freshman. If we graduate all of them at the same time, that's going to change the team in a hurry. Hopefully Fran can pickup a star player each of the next 3 years to offset the huge attrition in 2016.... Having one of those 7 redshirt would be good, too. Maybe the one who is in the dog house at the moment??

stokes isn't a freshman he just has a different number this year.

You know what would be nice...to enjoy their freshman year without the thought of them graduating all together in my head. Thanks for nothing.

Stokes wearing Mike Henderson's old jersey # !? Big shoes to fill! hope he knows what that might be implying.

I thought BJs # was retired too. And if it's not it sure should be.

It is retired. Not sure what is up with that? I am assuming they would ask permission for that to happen. Out of respect, I would not wear that jersey. Not like there are no other #s to choose from...

It is retired. Not sure what is up with that? I am assuming they would ask permission for that to happen. Out of respect, I would not wear that jersey. Not like there are no other #s to choose from...

I don't think Iowa retires numbers, but rather jerseys. I think that's the distinction.

I see one positive aspect to it. When these guys are seniors, we will have a team that Will make noise in the Dance.....

Their Junior year is the one I am really looking forward to, other than this season.....

This years freshman and Uthoff next year will make an extraordinary senior year. Yes I am an hopeless Homer......

I see one positive aspect to it. When these guys are seniors, we will have a team that Will make noise in the Dance.....

Their Junior year is the one I am really looking forward to, other than this season.....

This years freshman and Uthoff next year will make an extraordinary senior year. Yes I am an hopeless Homer......

It doesn't require much homerism to think a team with 6 seniors, one being a top 50 center recruit, one a top 100 pg recruit and another top 150 sf, will be pretty good.

I don't think Iowa retires numbers, but rather jerseys. I think that's the distinction.

I've heard folks make that claim before, and it might be true.

But it's interesting to note that nobody has worn 41 since Stokes. Nobody has worn 40 since Street. Nobody has worn 12 since Lester. Nobody has worn 21, 22, 31, 33 or 46 since the Fab 5 left school. Nobody has worn 10 since Armstrong (with the exception of Kevin Smith, who had that jersey number at the time of the retirement).

I don't like the idea of Gesell wearing No. 10. If a number is retired, it's retired. When Luke Recker first arrived at Iowa, there was talk about unretiring Lester's No. 12 (Alford wanted Recker to have his old number). I thought it was disrespectful to Iowa basketball history. I still think so. There are plenty of other numbers for Gesell to choose from.

Don't forget about #5 Mr. Andre Woolridge!!! He always gets overlooked, including for B10 Player of the Year. Maybe its an omen for Clemmons about flying under the radar.