Fredrick

Per Leistikow - Iowa is 29-9 when he's available for an entire game and 4-8 when he's not. This season, it's 13-2 and 0-4.

My observation is that when CJ is flying around, really active, and on his game he adds a ton to this team. It cannot be said enough how much better it is to have 3 really good perimeter shooters on the floor like CJ, JW, and JBo if they are on with Garza underneath, and a reason why Garza is open underneath. So far except for Nunge hitting a few treys in one game no one else has stepped up to drain the treys. JBo is inconsistent and JW does disappear so it is no wonder Garza is getting triple teamed and the opposing defense can back off our perimeter shooters.

Haha, oh wow, an oldie but goodie like "I have 3 knees, a right knee, a left knee, and a wee-knee"

So this guy's driving down a country road in Iowa...looks over and sees a 3-legged chicken running beside the car. He speeds up...the chicken speeds up. He speeds up again...the chicken keeps pace. Suddenly the chicken shoots out in front across the road and up the driveway...disappearing behind a barn. The guys pulls in and sees a farmer standing there.

The guys shouts "HEY, Did you see that 3-legged chicken come running up here?! He was moving!"

Farmer replies "Yeah, I raise them 3-legged chickens."

The guy says "Really? Why 3 legs?".

Farmer: "Well, most folks like the drumsticks, so I figured I'd add an extra one"

Guy: "That's actually not a bad idea. Do they taste good?"

Farmer: "I dunno...we never caught one".

MSCOTT.gif

Last edited:
My observation is that when CJ is flying around, really active, and on his game he adds a ton to this team. It cannot be said enough how much better it is to have 3 really good perimeter shooters on the floor like CJ, JW, and JBo if they are on with Garza underneath, and a reason why Garza is open underneath. So far except for Nunge hitting a few treys in one game no one else has stepped up to drain the treys. JBo is inconsistent and JW does disappear so it is no wonder Garza is getting triple teamed and the opposing defense can back off our perimeter shooters.
They're not backing off of JBo, they can just afford to play him man to man, as well as JW, then the other three collapse on Garza. That's why that third perimeter shooter and driver is so important to Iowa. They just can't sag off of him, JBo, or JW.

This is a good point. Just having CJ on the floor, even if he does nothing but hang out in the corner, would probably loosen things up for Garza.

Hell, when Ronnie Lester came back late in the 1980 season and the soon to be legendary postseason, he was actually limited. He was under strict orders from Lute not to drive to the basket, and not to challenge an offensive player driving to the basket. But just having him on the floor rubbed off on everyone else.

Unfortunately Lute forgot to explain to him the possibility of getting bumped from behind on a breakaway to the basket.

Whatever the injury is it has hurt I think in a couple ways. Obviously CJ in there is another long range threat that opens up the floor. It also changes the rotation. Murray off the bench was a shot in the arm. Murray starting just hasn't been as effective. Now when we need that offensive sub its Nunge and if he's off who do you go to?

Latest posts