Fredrick

Ouch. Most likely he was gonna be redshirting but it'd suck to lose any depth for any amount of time. Now is when he'd be getting a lot of practice time obviously with the coaches and teammates. So for however long that has him out that stinks

Broken ribs are painful. Not too bad in terms of recovery, but he won't be putting up shots for months. Anyone else starting to notice that this basketball team has HORRIBLE luck with preseason/early season injuries? Off the top of my head, Connor, Bohannon, Baer, Cook, Garza, Pemsl, and now Fredrick have all had injuries that kept them out for extended periods in just the past few years.

Silver lining is that, looking at him, he probably needed to put more meat on his bones anyway so a red shirt season would allow him to do that before getting any real action.

Welcome to the Big Ten, kid?

Highlights from the incident ...

tenor.gif

Has Fran mentioned if he was going to redshirt Fredrick? I was anticipating that would be the route he would take anyways but now with this type of set back, I'd guess that would be the plan.

If the rib is just cracked, he may be alright pretty fast. I have had that happen and the first couple of weeks it hurt to breathe but it got better pretty fast after that.

In particular, I like these quotes.

“Fredrick is a knock down shooter and has the ability to get by you,” said Ken Collopy, head coach of Newport
Catholic Central High. “He is so efficient with the basketball. He makes very few mistakes, and when you make one, it typically costs you.”