Fredrick, C-Mac Availability for Nebraska Up in Air

How do we always have dude’s sick? Like you don’t here of that often except for us.

We finally get some grit and intensity, some decent lineups on the floor, some competent game-planning and game management, solid execution (on offense, still a ways to go on D) ... then it's a flu-bug or a minor ding to put a cloud on how good this team could be.

I get every team deals with stuff but MAN! It's always something with the Hawks.:(:mad:

Who is the next walk-on to get spot minutes off of the bench after Till? I heard that Austin Ash has mono. Is Aidan Vanderloo redshirting? The scout team must be thin. I imagine that there is nobody to bang on or even halfway guard Garza and Kriener in practice. Where is Okey Ukah when you need him?

If CJ and Connor both don't play we will really be lacking in guys who can handle the ball. Might need Garza to drop 50.
I was yelling at the TV Sat all second half really to just keep feeding him in the post. Every single possession. Since they weren't doubling he could score every dang time just about. I bet he could just about hit 50 in a game too. Especially if he hits his FTs

It's getting to be about all hands on deck here pretty much. Fran is gonna have to earn his checks this year. So far he has been doing great. We'll see if he can keep em playing well with a rag tag short handed group.

The whole CJ thing is just weird. He didn't look close to anything like himself in the first half, so it certainly seemed to me like he was battling thru something at the start of the game.

Definitely strange.

Saturday, it was indicated that it happened before the game and it was an ankle. Today, Fran said he was fine going into Saturday's game and that it wasn't an ankle.

You can read the quotes in the story I just posted.

Who is the next walk-on to get spot minutes off of the bench after Till? I heard that Austin Ash has mono. Is Aidan Vanderloo redshirting? The scout team must be thin. I imagine that there is nobody to bang on or even halfway guard Garza and Kriener in practice. Where is Okey Ukah when you need him?
Michael Baer I would guess is the next best player, but he plays a similar position to Till.

If Connor can play we will be fine. Till will play some.

I'd rather have CJ's ailment be the ankle than the foot. A foot injury and he might be out several weeks, even rest of season, depending what it is.

Nebraska currently has a NET ranking of 168. A loss to them, even on the road, would be horrible for the resume.

I thought CJ was moving fine in the first half against PSU until the 4:40 mark of the half. He jumped out at his man on D and came up lame after that. If this is long lasting, it could definitely toss some cold water on what appeared to be a promising season.

This team is/was looking very good, maybe better than the sum of the parts with Garza coming on strong. But already without Nunge and Bohannon. And now so many going down at the ball handler positions is tough. This now looks like a huge game upcoming. Not sure if Penn St was shorthanded but if CJF was good to go and played well the hawks win the last game

This team is/was looking very good, maybe better than the sum of the parts with Garza coming on strong. But already without Nunge and Bohannon. And now so many going down at the ball handler positions is tough. This now looks like a huge game upcoming. Not sure if Penn St was shorthanded but if CJF was good to go and played well the hawks win the last game

I would almost rather be playing a team we already have chalked up as a loss. Take the loss and get CJ healthy hopefully. This game is really dangerous with the roster we might have available.

Definitely strange.

Saturday, it was indicated that it happened before the game and it was an ankle. Today, Fran said he was fine going into Saturday's game and that it wasn't an ankle.

You can read the quotes in the story I just posted.
What's with the mystery and dishonesty from Fran on this? I'd heard ankle during the game like everyone else being reported and now he says that and it's rumored to be his foot. Granted same ball park but how does something like that get misreported?

What's with the mystery and dishonesty from Fran on this? I'd heard ankle during the game like everyone else being reported and now he says that and it's rumored to be his foot. Granted same ball park but how does something like that get misreported?

Sometimes when something hurts really bad its hard to know where the pain is coming from until it dies down a bit. Maybe CJ thought it was his ankle at first?

Sometimes when something hurts really bad its hard to know where the pain is coming from until it dies down a bit. Maybe CJ thought it was his ankle at first?
I couldn't relate to something like that if so. I've hurt my ankle many times and never ever did it end up being my foot a day or two later that actually was. But that's just me.

I don't think there's any intentional deception.

Here's the excerpt from my story:

The coach was asked Saturday if Fredrick, who missed the Syracuse game earlier this season with a quad injury, was out with a bum ankle.

“Yeah, I think ankle, foot, something down there,” Fran McCaffery said then.

The coach said Monday that Fredrick did not sprain his ankle.

“It’s something else,” said Fran McCaffery, who did not elaborate on the ailment.

Asked Monday if Fredick’s injury could keep him out for more than the Nebraska game, the coach wasn’t sure.
He said he would know more in the next day or so.

“I’m not ducking the question. We’re just looking at a variety of things on him. We want to make sure before we run him back out there that he’s ready to go. He clearly was not ready to go in the second half (against Penn State),” Fran McCaffery said.

“A lot of times your trainer will say, well, he could probably go, we won’t make it any worse. But when your trainer says he can’t go then you shut him down. That’s kind of how it was and that’s kind of how it is right now. So, until I hear otherwise, that’s how it is.”

----------------

Fran never confirmed it was the ankle back on Saturday. There were assumptions it was the ankle. I think that's what the sideline reporter said on the TV broadcast, which I'm guessing she got from Iowa. That's why I asked directly Monday if it was an ankle sprain and he said it was not. I don't think they knew exactly what it was on Saturday.

I still don't think they knew on Monday exactly what is injured.

Fran said: "We’re just looking at a variety of things on him."

The stranger part for me was if he was hurt before or during the Penn State game. That remains unclear, not that it matters now.

I couldn't relate to something like that if so. I've hurt my ankle many times and never ever did it end up being my foot a day or two later that actually was. But that's just me.

I thought I sprained my ankle once in a game and it ended up being a deep bruise in my calf.

I don't think there's any intentional deception.

Here's the excerpt from my story:

The coach was asked Saturday if Fredrick, who missed the Syracuse game earlier this season with a quad injury, was out with a bum ankle.

“Yeah, I think ankle, foot, something down there,” Fran McCaffery said then.

The coach said Monday that Fredrick did not sprain his ankle.

“It’s something else,” said Fran McCaffery, who did not elaborate on the ailment.

Asked Monday if Fredick’s injury could keep him out for more than the Nebraska game, the coach wasn’t sure.
He said he would know more in the next day or so.

“I’m not ducking the question. We’re just looking at a variety of things on him. We want to make sure before we run him back out there that he’s ready to go. He clearly was not ready to go in the second half (against Penn State),” Fran McCaffery said.

“A lot of times your trainer will say, well, he could probably go, we won’t make it any worse. But when your trainer says he can’t go then you shut him down. That’s kind of how it was and that’s kind of how it is right now. So, until I hear otherwise, that’s how it is.”

----------------

Fran never confirmed it was the ankle back on Saturday. There were assumptions it was the ankle. I think that's what the sideline reporter said on the TV broadcast, which I'm guessing she got from Iowa. That's why I asked directly Monday if it was an ankle sprain and he said it was not. I don't think they knew exactly what it was on Saturday.

I still don't think they knew on Monday exactly what is injured.

Fran said: "We’re just looking at a variety of things on him."

The stranger part for me was if he was hurt before or during the Penn State game. That remains unclear, not that it matters now.
Clear as mud. Got it ha

I thought I sprained my ankle once in a game and it ended up being a deep bruise in my calf.
No kidding? That'd have to be a weird ass feeling. Like when did the pain location for you change? Like overnight having slept or just as you were recovering? I've never had anything of the sort happen

Latest posts