Frans T

Awful call but you can't get a T there. Big turning point in the game. Allowed Penn State to get some momentum and stretch the lead which Iowa never recovered from.

Down 2 gets the T, Newbill who hadn't scored all half gets 2 easy free throws then scores 7 straight. Went from 2 to 6 on one possession and got Newbill going. Horrible T IMO turning point of the game. Didn't he get a T last year in a key spot that cost us? Not sure if it was B1G, NCAA, or just a big game, but I thought he did.

Exactly You can *itch all you want about the bad call but you can't lose your composure, get T up, lose a possession, Mo switches and your down 6 and not regain the lead. Our guys see Fran blow and they get rattled, and they had been playing with such confidence. That was the turning point. This loss is on Fran.

Exactly You can *itch all you want about the bad call but you can't lose your composure, get T up, lose a possession, Mo switches and your down 6 and not regain the lead. Our guys see Fran blow and they get rattled, and they had been playing with such confidence. That was the turning point. This loss is on Fran.

This was all on the players...PERIOD

Two things, Iowa should submit a protest to the Big 10 over the call. It was an obvious goal tend, add 2 points for Iowa, take away the 2 free throws for pedo state. Iowa leads going into the final minute. The game completely changes. There is no excuse for missing a call like that. Second where is was the technical for the pedo state head coach for standing outside of the coaching box, and on the court repeatedly during game play? At one time both the head coach and an assistant head coach were on the court. If you T up one coach, the other one should be called to for violations. The refs were garbage in this game. It is the tournament game, why can't we get a decent crew to call the game?

Bullfunky ! Fran hadn't blown we would of won this game. PERIOD !!!!

Wow...game I watched had players hanging their heads during the 8+ minute drought. Our post players could not hold a ball...or dunk a ball. Clemons was back to his normal passing abilities...players lost the game. If that is how you play on the national stage coming off a hot streak...shame on the players

Two things, Iowa should submit a protest to the Big 10 over the call. It was an obvious goal tend, add 2 points for Iowa, take away the 2 free throws for pedo state. Iowa leads going into the final minute. The game completely changes. There is no excuse for missing a call like that. Second where is was the technical for the pedo state head coach for standing outside of the coaching box, and on the court repeatedly during game play? At one time both the head coach and an assistant head coach were on the court. If you T up one coach, the other one should be called to for violations. The refs were garbage in this game. It is the tournament game, why can't we get a decent crew to call the game?

Wimpy Iowa loser>

Down 2 gets the T, Newbill who hadn't scored all half gets 2 easy free throws then scores 7 straight. Went from 2 to 6 on one possession and got Newbill going. Horrible T IMO turning point of the game. Didn't he get a T last year in a key spot that cost us? Not sure if it was B1G, NCAA, or just a big game, but I thought he did.
I think there's a lot of truth here. PSU had the ball so there was no lost possession.

I was thinking it wa s a good move by Chambers to have Newbill shoot FTs when there were a couple of betted FTers. I thought if he makes these two he could get hot. He did.

I didn't watch the game but over radio sounded rdfs were horrible so getting their attention may not have been a bad thing. At least Fran was fighting. Sounded like team minus White/Ute/Gabe thought the game was optional.

I was kind of upset at Fran for the T when it happened. When I watched it back, he got a freaking T for leaving the coaching box???? Are you freaking serious? What kind of official looks back at a coach like that anyway? They could T up every coach, every second of the game. I think Groce actually plays defense on some Illini possessions.

Fran%20T.gif

The pedo state coach spent half the game out of the coaching box, with no call! The inconstancy is a travesty.

I was kind of upset at Fran for the T when it happened. When I watched it back, he got a freaking T for leaving the coaching box???? Are you freaking serious? What kind of official looks back at a coach like that anyway? They could T up every coach, every second of the game. I think Groce actually plays defense on some Illini possessions.

Fran%20T.gif

Yeah it was a BS T call for the ref especially with 7:45 left in the game. But man I was thinking it was with 9 or 10 minutes left, not 7:45 you can't get a T there Fran!

Haven't read thread. Came on to give my opinion about refs. Gonna preface this and say they aren't what got us game, but....

How many games do we watch Iowa be Iowa. Attack the rim constant and draw fouls. Jump out to a huge disparity in fouls which is deserved then all of a sudden everything changes. Refs swallow their whistles. It's ridiculous. Clemmons double dribble? Newbill takes 5 steps on a prayer 3 attempt not called. Jared travels. They miraculousy strip us every time. Gabe gets body checked every shot. Nothing. How do you play through this ****? It just sucks that refs feel they don't want to look the part of dictating so they dictate by making it even when even isn't warranted. They sucked the life out of us and allowed them to be close first half. That technical on Fran. Lol. Refs jobs are to be unbiased and fair. Tenure, respect, whatever don't mean ****. Fair is fair. Izzo can run on the court, groce ******* begged for a t against us. Don't get me started on Bo. I wouldn't last a game if I was Fran. ***** a joke....

End rant

Wrong and wrong.

How do you lose a possession when they goal tend, get the ball, and run toward their end with the ref watching Fran instead of the game? (Says Dolph AND Bobby).

A team that shoots 25% and people ard blaming Fran?

Ridiculous.

Yeah it was a BS T call for the ref especially with 7:45 left in the game. But man I was thinking it was with 9 or 10 minutes left, not 7:45 you can't get a T there Fran!

Down two pts .... one minute 15 difference is not much to worry about.

The Iowa players were being mugged on a lot of shots with no calls. If the refs had done their jobs that would not have happened, and the shooting % would have reflected that.

The Iowa players were being mugged on a lot of shots with no calls. If the refs had done their jobs that would not have happened, and the shooting % would have reflected that.
Making wide open shots and layups and basket bunnies would reflect it more because that not only increases % but more importantly. ... points on the board.

Latest posts