Frans T

WhitUp

Down 2 gets the T, Newbill who hadn't scored all half gets 2 easy free throws then scores 7 straight. Went from 2 to 6 on one possession and got Newbill going. Horrible T IMO turning point of the game. Didn't he get a T last year in a key spot that cost us? Not sure if it was B1G, NCAA, or just a big game, but I thought he did.

Down 2 gets the T, Newbill who hadn't scored all half gets 2 easy free throws then scores 7 straight. Went from 2 to 6 on one possession and got Newbill going. Horrible T IMO turning point of the game. Didn't he get a T last year in a key spot that cost us? Not sure if it was B1G, NCAA, or just a big game, but I thought he did.

Sad part is the refs screwed up call is what caused it and Fran didn't do much to even get the T, the refs stunk as bad Iowa's shooting today

Doesn't matter. 90 percent of the team didn't show up or looked like they cared. I 'd be ****** too if my squad just looked like the didn't care.

I don't have a problem with Fran getting a T. That was a terrible call by the official. Plenty of time left in the game. Most teams respond to there coach getting a t and they come out more focused and more determined. The last two Hawkeye teams do not have a lot of intestinal fortitude. For whatever reason they don't like to fight.

It was a horribly botched call, and Fran was T'ed up the moment he opened his mouth about it. The ref was obviously ready & waiting to call it. I guess Fran still hasn't learned that he isn't going to get the same courtesy as Bo or Izzo.

I got no problem with a T in the first half, but not down 2 with 9 minutes left where points are at a minimum.

Sad part is the refs screwed up call is what caused it and Fran didn't do much to even get the T, the refs stunk as bad Iowa's shooting today

Sure the refs blew the call, but if Woodbury wasn't such a wimp, he would have gone to the line to complete a three point play. Fran was probably more upset about Woodbury not making a three footer than the call. Does Woodbury have a pair?

Turning point of the game. The volcano erupted and the team lost its composure and regressed.

Listened to it on the radio and if you believe Dolph, refs made about 17 bad calls vs. the Hawks. Dolph's the man though.

Sure the refs blew the call, but if Woodbury wasn't such a wimp, he would have gone to the line to complete a three point play. Fran was probably more upset about Woodbury not making a three footer than the call. Does Woodbury have a pair?

Do you? or do you just like calling players out behind a keyboard?

Nobody could make a layup today. It wasn't just Woodbury......Although he didn't help matters with his play today.

Turning point of the game. The volcano erupted and the team lost its composure and regressed.

Hardly. You realize they were up 11 in the 2nd half right? They were down 2 at the time of the T. The wheels had come off and the refs had just botched an obvious call. Fran needed to do something not only to spark the team but to voice his $.02. Unfortunately nobody responded to it.

So you heard what Fran said??? Listen I've seen coaches blowup on sidelines and nothing happened, but when Fran blows up something happens and that is pretty telling for me. That tells me Fran needs to express himself with different words. :)

Exactly, the refs screwed us with the no call,then compounded it with T ing up Fran..Bull shat. There is absolutely no ryme or reason as to what constitutes a technical. And it did hugely impact the out come of the game. Regardless ,I hated that the 5 was in that dam bracket and would have happily traded places OSU.

Hardly. You realize they were up 11 in the 2nd half right? They were down 2 at the time of the T. The wheels had come off and the refs had just botched an obvious call. Fran needed to do something not only to spark the team but to voice his $.02. Unfortunately nobody responded to it.

Very true, but before that I felt like we'd pull the game out. After Newbill got going and we got down by 6 it felt different. Was it the @Wisconsin last year where he got a poorly timed T that cost us?

Was it deserved or not, who cares. We got out scored by what 17 in the second half? Can't play like that in a 20 minute stretch and expect to win, whether it's the first half, second half or any 20 minute stretch in between.

It was a horribly botched call, and Fran was T'ed up the moment he opened his mouth about it. The ref was obviously ready & waiting to call it. I guess Fran still hasn't learned that he isn't going to get the same courtesy as Bo or Izzo.

Or what about Groce when Illinoy played at Iowa. He was screaming at the refs the entire game and got nothing.

Very true, but before that I felt like we'd pull the game out. After Newbill got going and we got down by 6 it felt different. Was it the @Wisconsin last year where he got a poorly timed T that cost us?

Fran has had plenty of poorly timed T's in the past. This one was about as justified as any though. Yes the timing sucked but that was an awful call at a critical juncture. At the very least the refs should have let him vent a bit, as they had to have known they missed the call. Instead they gave him a very short chain.

Listened to it on the radio and if you believe Dolph, refs made about 17 bad calls vs. the Hawks. Dolph's the man though.

The officials called a very loose game but it went both ways. I would say PSU was more physical but the hawks were shooting free throws by the 10 minute mark in both halves.

Latest posts