Fran's survival on the line in Tournament

these kinds of threads are crazy. iowa fan is one spoiled cat, or something. or i've forgotten the long and rich history that is iowa basketball. i know this is an old story, and Fran is not Tom Davis - but how quickly some forget.....

Don't think he needs fired, but his 11-25 record in games decided by 6 points or less is beyond pathetic.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but there was a thread about this once, but Fran's record in close games is deplorable.

You surely won't win them all, but you'd think you would be closer to 50/50, just by law of averages alone. Flip a coin 40 times, it'll come up heads roughly half, give or take based on pure luck. I know Fran's record in this situation is far below what you'd expect.

The problem has continued this year: ND, Dayton, ISU, MD, IND, Wisky, OSU....

You don't think 80+% of this season was fun basketball to watch?

It was, but we'll see how long this slide continues and what happens in March. A lot of 2013-14 was fun to watch, too, but due to the way the last month or so of that season went, I don't think many Hawk fans look back on that season with much reverence.

I suppose we'll see - I still hold out hope that this team can still get it's **** together again, but my hope for that is starting to fade with each loss.

It was, but we'll see how long this slide continues and what happens in March. A lot of 2013-14 was fun to watch, too, but due to the way the last month or so of that season went, I don't think many Hawk fans look back on that season with much reverence.

I suppose we'll see - I still hold out hope that this team can still get it's **** together again, but my hope for that is starting to fade with each loss.

Agreed. This slide and losing isn't fun at all, it sucks.

Really don't know if they can turn it around. I hope so.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but there was a thread about this once, but Fran's record in close games is deplorable.

You surely won't win them all, but you'd think you would be closer to 50/50, just by law of averages alone. Flip a coin 40 times, it'll come up heads roughly half, give or take based on pure luck. I know Fran's record in this situation is far below what you'd expect.

The problem has continued this year: ND, Dayton, ISU, MD, IND, Wisky, OSU....

Just go 4-3 in those games and we are talking a #1 or # 2 seed in Des Moines.

Give him a few more years, I hear he's bringing his kid as a PG, word on the street is he's another little lick.

You've been doing good work up in here lately.

Bravo sir, bravo.

Ha thanks. As soon as I typed he plays fun ball, I knew someone would say that losing isn't fun. Great take. All I know is I've been excited for every single game for the last 4 years. My wife thinks I'm an idiot the way I jump around and scream in the basement. Fran has made basketball season fun. At some point you have to have a coach that's yours. Otherwise you're just hiring a coach every few years praying for a miracle. If and when that miracle comes, you're still probably hiring a new coach in a few years when he moves on.

Loses suck but basketball is different than football. All I ask for is 3 things. Play a fun brand of basketball. Make the tournament. And have a team that is at least capable of making a run. The last 3 years Fran has achieved those goals.

Mr. Davis got to Sweet 16 and lost to eventual champion by 10 points, and then got fired. Have our expectations been lowered since then? I don't see anything in future above .500 record. This was great example of coaching on his part. Playing not lose in last 3 minutes.

Latest posts