Fran's survival on the line in Tournament

longtimer

I dont think there is any question we are a second division team next year. I think if we could have finished strong Fran gets a pass and at least another year. If we continue to tank this year (and that seems very likely) his tenure at Iowa looks to be coming to an end. You think Carver was bad this year!

You're gonna get eaten alive for that, but if we don't make the tourney next season and we lose out/lose first game in tourney this year, you might be accurate. :(

So you're saying he's in trouble after next year because it will be a bad season and he's not building good will this season?

Lol, you guys are too funny. This is not Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Kansas, or Kentucky. This is Iowa where excellence is not expected or demanded in its athletic programs, with maybe the only exception being the wrestling program.

We better have a pretty ******* good plan in place if we're gunna get rid of a coach that took us to 3 strait tournaments and plays fun to watch ball. Not to mention you would be saying bye to 2 stud recruits.

Hell yes, maybe we can find another coach to bury our basketball team like Lick!

Dumb thread, I regret opening it.

We better have a pretty ******* good plan in place if we're gunna get rid of a coach that took us to 3 strait tournaments and plays fun to watch ball. Not to mention you would be saying bye to 2 stud recruits.

You think this team has been fun to watch the past 5 games?

I dont think there is any question we are a second division team next year. I think if we could have finished strong Fran gets a pass and at least another year. If we continue to tank this year (and that seems very likely) his tenure at Iowa looks to be coming to an end. You think Carver was bad this year!

Overreaction post of the year. Fran is fine.

Don't think he needs fired, but his 11-25 record in games decided by 6 points or less is beyond pathetic.

^^ that is crazy talk. hawks are in a shooting slump and seem low on energy and under pressure.

Don't think he needs fired, but his 11-25 record in games decided by 6 points or less is beyond pathetic.

I do agree this needs some serious consideration. When we got off to the 8-0 & 10-1 start we did not need to worry about that because most margins were 10+ points. We were hitting a ton of shots at that time.

Let's see how that goes over the next 2 seasons. The reason for that is these seniors have played in a ton of those games. We will get a new crop of players the next 2 seasons to evaluate this with to see if it's system, coach, players or a combo of all.

He had better give thanks to God every night that 2015 Davidson sucked, because otherwise his seat would be getting warm. Without that win, he hasn't accomplished jack in five years.

He's very derKirkFer-esque in his player and game management failures and close game losses. Ferentz built up enough laurels to get him through a couple multi-season droughts, Gar Bar equates these mid-season "championships" to 2002, 2005, 2009; he wouldn't even consider firing him for at least 3 more seasons.

As soon as the team hit the top 10 this year you can be sure Gary barta the genius that he is, gave him an informal lifetime contract. Especially, since he has two sons and two other big recruits coming in to bolster the program.

I mean, what's he done for Iowa basketball anyway....

We deserve better right? Like when Mr. Davis...oh, wait....

Yeah...

He had better give thanks to God every night that 2015 Davidson sucked, because otherwise his seat would be getting warm. Without that win, he hasn't accomplished jack in five years.

Right, this team was better under Lick!

Latest posts