Frans demeanor

Well done. I went through major health scares with my wife and two of my kids. At work I have to be "the man." It wears on ya. Those who have not been through it — and honestly, those who haven't had a high profile in-the-public eye job — simply can not fathom it.

Fran said in an interview there is no way he will miss the game. Personally, having a in-the-public eye job, I get that. I also know the desire he may have to not be in Dayton.

I can't help but wonder how this has affected the team as a whole — and anyone who does not believe it hasn't is simply nuts.

Agree 100%, with my situation, our team asked constantly how things were and we reassured them all was well, even when it wasn't.

Keep in mind these basketball players are still not in the real world and life is still a game.

Anyone who questions Fran in this case isn't in his house and that is all that matters, what he and his family decide. I can't imagine his son not wanting him to coach and reassuring Fran it is okay. Sometimes the child is guiding the adult in scenarios like this and the kids make everything okay when they even know it isn't.

Life has a funny way of flipping things around some times. My daughter would not allow for my wife and I not to coach because she kept saying she was fine, when we knew she was terrified of what was going on. We trusted her and still coached all season when she was in the hospital. It was the most difficult thing I have ever had to face and I to this day am not sure everything we did was right, but everything has worked out in the end.

Yeah I posted this in other threads.

Are they stressed or not having fun? maybe but they are lethargic, zombie like.

They just walk around droopy style.

Sorry I think they need to get angry. Especially a couple players.

th

YOU NEED TO GET ANGRY HAWKEYES!!!!!!!!

Put yourself in his shoes. His son's condition became public last week, its probably been on his mind for weeks. Surgery on Wednesday to see if it's cancerous or not. Yeah, I can really blame the guy for looking tired. Cannot even imagine that stress.
This x10,000! I just daily pray for him, his family and Patrick that they have the strength to get through this. The stress on a D-1 coach is high enough when other areas of your life are going well. Then, add the health concerns surrounding his son, a team that is struggling, and the media / fans being critical of the end-of-year slump - I am actually surprised that the guy continues to field some of the questions and comments he is getting with relative poise.

Having gone through a similar situation a couple of years ago, it is very difficult to focus and he is at a totally different kind of pressure he is dealing with at the college level.

Here is how my day was and I Fran may be there at one point, but I hope not. Go to work, go to practice, go to the hospital for a few hours and then go sleep for an hour or two. While at the hospital you wonder if your kid is going to live.

Then for the next few weeks you get people saying...you look like you need sleep...no kidding.

Look as for the team, they probably have not had to deal with anything like this and at this time they are kids when it comes to how to act. It is not something that can just be dealt with and with the unknowns they feel for thier coach and a kid who ia probably around them more than his friends.

Cut everyone a break and if you cant understand it, go away.
THIS

This... I had a brother diagnosed with terminal cancer 4 weeks ago... Your numb, in shock and and have a hard time focusing on anything. I can't imagine if it were one of my 2 kids, but I know how devasting this has been to my mother. It's even rougher when it is a young child. Thoughts and prayers to Fran and his family. If he didn't look tired and exhausted I would be worried...

THIS

This... I had a brother diagnosed with terminal cancer 4 weeks ago... Your numb, in shock and and have a hard time focusing on anything. I can't imagine if it were one of my 2 kids, but I know how devasting this has been to my mother. It's even rougher when it is a young child. Thoughts and prayers to Fran and his family. If he didn't look tired and exhausted I would be worried...

Exactly. There is def a correlation with this terrible serious news and the teams play. Give the man a damn break