Fran the Man IN on 5 star recruit, Forward

Porter would be an absolutely huge get and probably the signature player of the Fran era to this point. Right now I believe he's the #2 overall recruit in the country for that class.

That being said I dont see how he turns down the blue blood schools in favor of Iowa. Kansas seems to be the front runner, and thats before Calipari and coach K really get into him.

If he is potentially a one and done type, then maybe he gives Iowa a chance. If mom wants Iowa, maybe that could be some motivation. But this kid looks to have gigantic talent, so unless he grew up a Hawk fan, which hasn't been mentioned, then chances are slim.

If he is potentially a one and done type, then maybe he gives Iowa a chance. If mom wants Iowa, maybe that could be some motivation. But this kid looks to have gigantic talent, so unless he grew up a Hawk fan, which hasn't been mentioned, then chances are slim.
The mom connection and relative proximity help with Porter. But also, although very talented, Porter is the type of long, lean driver/shooter Fran has been going after from the beginning. It's possible that by the time he decides, Fran could point to 2 players of his type- White and Uthoff- that will be in the pros and possibly the NBA. Of course, Porter is on another level talent-wise, but Fran can legitimately point to the White/Uthoff examples and say, "yes, I can successfully coach you," with proof to back it up.

Porter would be an absolutely huge get and probably the signature player of the Fran era to this point. Right now I believe he's the #2 overall recruit in the country for that class.

That being said I dont see how he turns down the blue blood schools in favor of Iowa. Kansas seems to be the front runner, and thats before Calipari and coach K really get into him.

I'm not sure if I'd consider Kansas a blue blood anymore. It seems they have been running on reputation since they hired the former Illini coach. They get quality players, but didn't Iowa State beat them last year.

I'm not sure if I'd consider Kansas a blue blood anymore. It seems they have been running on reputation since they hired the former Illini coach. They get quality players, but didn't Iowa State beat them last year.

ISU is the blue blood, not Kansas....just ask any ISU fan...

Yeah, hard to disagree with that. They haven't won squat for years outside of the B12 championship but given the conference's propensity to tank in the big dance, it doesn't seem like all that impressive of an accomplishment.

KU is a blue blood. End of story.

Lol, what?

Self won a NC a few years ago, has been to a few final fours, wins their league every year and had the #1 and #3 picks in the last nba draft.

Not it to mention being a top 4 all time team in wins I believe.

Duke had a pretty poor stretch in between their last two NCs too. I believe they were knocked out in round 1 2 out of 3 years.

Blue blood status is not easily gained nor easily lost.

Yeah, hard to disagree with that. They haven't won squat for years outside of the B12 championship but given the conference's propensity to tank in the big dance, it doesn't seem like all that impressive of an accomplishment.

You realize they have the most tourney wins of any school in the country since like 2000? They also won a National Championship in 2008 and lost in the Championship a couple years later. They are 100% Blue Blood.

Latest posts