Fran Not Looking To Redshirt Anyone in 2013

What's the current scholarship situation look like?

Since we only lost 1 scholarship player this year I would think red-shirting would help balance out the classes to prevent having such high and low years.

What's the current scholarship situation look like?

Since we only lost 1 scholarship player this year I would think red-shirting would help balance out the classes to prevent having such high and low years.
If my old memory serves me, this is the current scholarship line up and the year they graduate/use up their eligibility:
  • 2014 – Basabe, Marble, McCabe
  • 2015 – Oglseby, Olesani, White
  • 2016 – Clemmons, Gesell, Ingram, Uthoff, Woodbury
  • 2017 – Meyer, Jok

I could be wrong, but I believe this is how it plays out.

EDIT: This also assumes (yes I know .. never assume) no red shirts or transfers.

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
All top flight hoops programs have players sitting on the bench who feel they should be in the game. Fran has rebuilt the program to the point where incoming freshman shouldn't expect to start unless their talent dictates otherwise.

Will someone transfer? I doubt it. Where would they go? Nothing against the likely last few off the bench such as JO, Meyer, and Ingram but do you really think that a top tier D1 program is going to knock down the doors to get them on their roster? Doubtful. They are all good players but not elite D1 players.....yet.

It takes 13 ballers to make a team. It sounds like there are 13 kids on Iowa's roster + the walk-ons that are all moving in the same direction. I like where this is going.

Latest posts