Fran needs to control himself

Or it could have been fixed by making 1 more free throw in regulation. Or by calling a timeout at the end of regulation to set up a play rather than just letting marble play school yard ball. He got a decent shot but I thought we could have worked a two man game with white and marble with oglesby getting screens to an open area for a third option.

Or it could have been fixed by making 1 more free throw in regulation. Or by calling a timeout at the end of regulation to set up a play rather than just letting marble play school yard ball. He got a decent shot but I thought we could have worked a two man game with white and marble with oglesby getting screens to an open area for a third option.

Marble got a clean look and Basabe missed an easy tip in. I can't put this loss on Fran at all.

Marble got a clean look and Basabe missed an easy tip in. I can't put this loss on Fran at all.

combine that with every front end FT missed....And the garbage 3 by the Sparty scrub to seal it in OT. There were several possessions where the D played great for 33 seconds and Sparty threw up a prayer and got lucky. Most of the bounces went Sparty's way tonight

He got the T for bring outside the coaches box. Now if they want to call that then fine, call it across the board. Crean does it all the time and Izzo was on the court plenty.

Bilas pointed Izzo doing it about 2 minutes later.

Schoolyard ball won't beat well coached teams...he got an ok look on a floater. Set something up where the players can get more of a two man pick an roll and try to draw a foul or kick out for an uncontested shot. If you want to isolate marble fine but you can set up in better positions than we were. I would rather you set something up and try to out coach izzo than think marble can out play them on his own because marble hasn't proven to be the guy to make a game winning shot.

Schoolyard ball won't beat well coached teams...he got an ok look on a floater. Set something up where the players can get more of a two man pick an roll and try to draw a foul or kick out for an uncontested shot. If you want to isolate marble fine but you can set up in better positions than we were. I would rather you set something up and try to out coach izzo than think marble can out play them on his own because marble hasn't proven to be the guy to make a game winning shot.

Would you be complaining had either of them made the shot?

I thought the last possession of OT was what stood out more than regulation. If they want to drive to the rack to get fouled it should have been Marble. I think they were better off calling the time out after getting to half court and calling a play for a 3 ball or down low if it is open

Everyone in the world could see that travel except the 3 blind mice. Seriously, one of them could have attempted to change the initial call. Plenty of obvious calls missed. How can bb officials at this level be that bad? Seriously, WTF?

MSU is great on D. why give them a chance to get organized? i thought no TO was a great call, and the shot should have been made.

Would you be complaining had either of them made the shot?

I would have thought it was wrong whether it went in ir not. I told my wife they needed to call a timeout when he was dribbling at the top of the key. I said he would throw up a weak shot and might make it but I feel we are better running team plays. Run a two man game with your two best who are good at creating fouls. Also it allows your best spot up shooter a chance to get open. Instead everyone stood around waiting for marble to do his thing. What Iowa did at the end isn't what they are best at...I say you go down throwing your best punch. And we didn't.

I thought the T was brilliant. I think Fran mostly used it to fire up the crowd (which wanted to erupt all game but was unable to let loose due to the constant MSU fouls), and to especially get after his players.

Iowa had a home game on national TV, the crowd wanted blood, the Hawkeyes had more talent on the floor at all times, and yet his guys couldn't decide to stomp the Spartans when given the chance.

For a tough kid from Philly who came up through the coaching ranks the hard way, I don't blame him. He's a competitor. It must have burned him to his core that his guys couldn't finish the job.

Everyone in the world could see that travel except the 3 blind mice. Seriously, one of them could have attempted to change the initial call. Plenty of obvious calls missed. How can bb officials at this level be that bad? Seriously, WTF?
Those three blind mice saw it and showed once again how they can dictate a game. You will never convince me that their not biased. That one was a huge !#. Takes a lot away from basketball that already is a hard game to watch because of those blind mice. Don't blame Fran for the T . Come on people he does the same as the rest just maybe a little better than the rest.

John Calipari got a bit out of the coaching area last night...he didn't get a T.

COACH-CAL-SHOVE.gif

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Got to see Fran's son get T-ed up last nigh after a charge call against him. The charge was foul #4.....and the T was foul #5. Apparently, he said a "magic word" to referee while disagreeing with the charge call.

Latest posts