Fran McCaffrey deserves to be fired

This is why Fran makes the big bucks and we don't. He's knows what he is doing, we just along for the ride.

His coaching gets better, players getting better, special season brewing boys!

Fran's Iowa teams have gotten better every single year. Next season should finally break that trend because of all the key senior departures, but we really don't have much to complain about. We cannot forget how awful and depressing Iowa was before Fran.

Fran's Iowa teams have gotten better every single year. Next season should finally break that trend because of all the key senior departures, but we really don't have much to complain about. We cannot forget how awful and depressing Iowa was before Fran.

Agreed. I still expect a rebuilding job next year, but Fran gets an A from me in terms of building this program.

The Lick years seem like a bad dream that I finally woke up from. Did that really happen?

Never should have let Tom Davis go the way he was, but we have a real coach again, at last.

Moral of the story: Don't get too low after losses and don't get too high after wins.

Maybe someone somewhere has said that before.

I'm sure glad Barta didn't take this advice. See why people should let a season play out. Unlike football, losing one or two games in basketball doesn't mean the end. And especially when the game is in December. Sure ISU won, but I'll get more enjoyment out of Iowa having a better season, so they can have their win, I'll take having the better overall season every year.

This is why they don't give me the nuclear codes either.

It was still the worst coached half of basketball I have ever seen. The 12 halves since have been pretty good though.

This is why they don't give me the nuclear codes either.

It was still the worst coached half of basketball I have ever seen. The 12 halves since have been pretty good though.

LOL.

I stayed away after the ISU game. I was pretty pizzed off, but at the same time felt that dominating the game the way we did for the majority of the game also said something about this team.

Fran is far better than Tom Davis!

NOT, Tom did far more with less. Never lost in first round of NCAA. tournament. These are Fran's recruits except for JU who wanted to come back to Iowa. JU even paid own way for a year. Take JU out of equation and our record would be below .500

Tom Davis career - Regular season and BiG10
Totals269-140 (.658)125-105 (.543)
Fran
Total116-80 (.592)53-50 (.515)

How much better/worse will be after next season?

Last edited:
Mr. Davis and Fran a combined while head coaches at Iowa: Zero national titles, zero Final 4's, zero Big 10 Tournament championships, zero Big 10 Tournament championship game appearances, zero Big 10 regular season championships.

Mr. Davis and Fran a combined while head coaches at Iowa: Zero national titles, zero Final 4's, zero Big 10 Tournament championships, zero Big 10 Tournament championship game appearances, zero Big 10 regular season championships.

Did the B1G have a tourney when Mr. Davis was here?

Latest posts