Fran McCaffery is a worker

No Offense to Cole, but the only reason he should be out there is if he is one of the 2 best big men we have on the roster.

No Offense to Cole, but the only reason he should be out there is if he is one of the 2 best big men we have on the roster.
Agreed, and sadly if Wilkins and Basabe both come to Iowa i dont think he would be, but I would hate to see after all he went through to ride the pine.

It would be devistating to sit Cole after everything he has gone through and being the starter for 3 years. I wouldnt bench him.

I agree. He's not a big presence in the paint at all but he's probably our best at the time. I respect Cole a lot too. I was really excited that he was coming to Iowa. He hasn't became the player I thought he could have been but he has been through a lot of losing seasons at Iowa and he stuck here through them all.

I agree. He's not a big presence in the paint at all but he's probably our best at the time. I respect Cole a lot too. I was really excited that he was coming to Iowa. He hasn't became the player I thought he could have been but he has been through a lot of losing seasons at Iowa and he stuck here through them all.
With a better coach he could have been better. But I respect him for not high tailing it out.

Why? Nothing that has transpired so far is Fran's fault. I am still very excited about the future.

I did not even see many fans who were blaming Fran for anything that has transpired the last few weeks.

Good to hear about Fran's recruiting energy...we need that.:)

I did not even see many fans who were blaming Fran for anything that has transpired the last few weeks.

Good to hear about Fran's recruiting energy...we need that.:)

Okay, they weren't exactly blaming him. But there were more than a few doomsday folks that started to set some unrealistic expectations. Saying things like Fran needed to get a Fab Five like recruiting class in Year two. That's not blaming Coach for what's happening right now, but it would set him up for drastic failure down the road.

I bet Cole would trade winning games for a starting position. I'm sure he would be thrilled to actually defend a guy that is his size to or even get to go against someone his same size on the offensive end. Cole has been a great Hawk and I have a ton of respect for the kid for staying mentally strong.

The transition to Big Ten play and physicality is a major one. And experience matters in college ball. Assuming he continues working hard and improving (a good wager), I think we'll see Cole starting.

I for one am excited to see what coach Fran can do. I know this spring time is a tough time to find talented recruits, because most of them have been picked over. But he is def out there trying to find his type of players. he will not have a hard time trying to sell Iowa to recruits, everyone knows of the history and the passion of Iowa basketball. He will find his recruits and coach them up.

I got a call from a buddy of mine on the east coast, and he said there was some buzz around there about Iowa's new coach. So at least we are stretching our boundaries and getting the word out. He lives in NY City and he said there are several good ball players still un-signed out in that area (now if they qualify that could be a whole different story.) But he did mention about some Prep school kid that is supposed to be good and getting late looks. Hopefully Fran can nab him up!

I like that he wanted this job knowing he would need to rebuild and he seems to have a good plan moving forward. Coach Lick was lost in the BIG 10.

I got a call from a buddy of mine on the east coast, and he said there was some buzz around there about Iowa's new coach. So at least we are stretching our boundaries and getting the word out. He lives in NY City and he said there are several good ball players still un-signed out in that area (now if they qualify that could be a whole different story.) But he did mention about some Prep school kid that is supposed to be good and getting late looks. Hopefully Fran can nab him up!

This is very strange that your buddy is hearing that, considering Siena is in New York...

Wilkins is going to Iowa State. Should be signed in a week.

**people calling me a clown in 3.....2.....1..*****

I don't know that....I'm just hoping : )

He was all but good to go until his dad stepped in...oh well. Can't blame him

I don't know that....I'm just hoping : )

He was all but good to go until his dad stepped in...oh well. Can't blame him
The state of ISU basketball right now wasn't helping things either. Sad to say, but McDermott is nose diving just as hard as Lickliter was.

I will be happy if Iowa is back to it's winning ways in the next 2 years and fields a respectable and clean program from this point on. If Fran does that then I will be happy about him at Iowa for however long he stays. The great thing about Iowa is that once we find our guy...The amount they will be willing to pay him will make him sure to stay around for a long time. Hopefully Fran will be worthy enough to be our head coach for the next 20 years. Only time will tell but I like the guy. He sounds like a winner and that's what we have needed for the longest.

Latest posts