Fran, J-Bo, CJ Fredrick Northwestern Postgame Interviews

Jordan Bohannon

Jbo's 8 Threes against Maryland

And the game-winning shots, plus the shot that took us into OT against Michigan in the BTT

Wisconsin freshman year

Here he makes the buzzer-beater and 3 threes in OT against Indiana

North Carolina: 7 threes for Jordan

I prefer to have him on the floor, especially at crunch time

Put JoeT in for give JBo a rest and defensive intensity

JoeT is an excellent contrast to Jordan

His ability to take it inside forces teams to change their strategy

We have a solid system and it appears that the D has stepped up all around

It's All Good
Oh man don't forget JBo vs the nerds 2 years ago! Start at 3:50.

Last edited:
Bohannon has made more clutch late game shots than every hawk since Ton Davis combined. That seriously might be true. I remember Marble made one against Tennessee to send it to overtime. It was the first late game make made since 2008 I believe (I Cyrus Tate tip in I think). Then Uthoff made one against Minnesota and one against Northwestern. I don't remember many from Alford either. Recker made 2 in a row in the big 10 tourney.

Take away all the games except NW and NC and it's incredibly good... wait, why are we cherry picking numbers again??
Take away the games he played well against some of the better competition we’ll see all year and then.... see I can’t even type that without realizing how dumb it is.

I don't give him credit for helping the team win games because that should be the expectation. My issue is when he goes 0-3, instead of realizing he's not feeling it and focusing on doing other things he can do to help the team win, he keeps chucking up shots from 10 ft behind the line. And maybe some of that is on the coaching staff telling the kids to shoot through slumps, but if this team wants to be elite, it isn't just about playing better D.

CJ has made one less 3 than JBO this season on 30 less attempts.

Even if he manages to get back to 40% shooting, that doesn't mean he's making 4 out of 10 shots in a game, it means he has 70% shooting games and 10% shooting games. Winning games by 30 because he's on is useless if we'd still win those games by 10 without him, especially if he's throwing away possessions on his off nights.
Just curious. Have you ever seen JBO play?

Bohannons off has been way more off than all the other years and for a longer period of time. I doubt he ever had a 9 game stretch as off as it was to start this year. Even against North Carolina you didn't see the confidence you saw last night. Bohannon being back would mean a good game every 3rd game. Not every 6th-9th. We will see.
After two major surgeries and a bunch of time in rehab, you may see some inconsistency. Be patient. BTW, point guards in the NW game...NW=2, Iowa=24.

I'd say he's 4th best if he's playing good. CJ is really good.
Also CJ can take it to the rack where as that’s a severe weakness for Bo. Who do you want driving toward the basket? Everyone including the opponent knows the answer to that. When their on, both are awesome from the outside, but we all know the Bo is a liability defensively.

If I had to choose which player I would want to coach against I would easily choose Bo. He is a very minimal threat to attack the basket and he is slower on the defensive side of the court. Is he a prolific shooter, of course but you put your quickness guard on him and tell him to stay in Bo’s shirt all damn night. That’s your job and purpose for this game stay all over Bo. Take away his outside shooting and he is pretty much neutralized as a player. Not so much for CJ because of his ability to take it to the hoop or do a drive and pull up and pop from twelve feet out.

I like it that we have both options and can even play them at the same time which can be a nightmare mare for defenses.

From an offensive point of view I would like to see Bo, CJ, JoeT, Garza, and Joe W all on the court at the same time. Two deadly shooters from the outside, a lightening quick guard (JoeT) that can penetrate and break down defenses, a forward, JW, that can score from anywhere on the floor and a dominate center . There’s your number one offense.

That combination actually brings some defensive quickness OVERALL with the exception of Bo. On nights when you need a little more speed, shot blocking, and rebounding bring in the freshman, Murray, in place of Bo and let JoeT run the offense. Murray looks better than his dad did as a freshmen. If Murray keep progressing he is going to be something special at his position just as I said Garza would be when he was a freshmen.

Last edited:
Also CJ can take it to the rack where as that’s a severe weakness for Bo. Who do you want driving toward the basket? Everyone including the opponent knows the answer to that. When their on, both are awesome from the outside, but we all know the Bo is a liability defensively.

If I had to choose which player I would want to coach against I would easily choose Bo. He is a very minimal threat to attack the basket and he is slower on the defensive side of the court. Is he a prolific shooter, of course but you put your quickness guard on him and tell him to stay in Bo’s shirt all damn night. That’s your job and purpose for this game stay all over Bo. Take away his outside shooting and he is pretty much neutralized as a player. Not so much for CJ because of his ability to take it to the hoop or do a drive and pull up and pop from twelve feet out.

I like it that we have both options and can even play them at the same time which can be a nightmare mare for defenses.

From an offensive point of view I would like to see Bo, CJ, JoeT, Garza, and Joe W all on the court at the same time. Two deadly shooters from the outside, a lightening quick guard (JoeT) that can penetrate and break down defenses, a forward, JW, that can score from anywhere on the floor and a dominate center . There’s your number one offense.

That combination actually brings some defensive quickness OVERALL with the exception of Bo. On nights when you need a little more speed, shot blocking, and rebounding bring in the freshman, Murray, in place of Bo and let JoeT run the offense. Murray looks better than his dad did as a freshmen. If Murray keep progressing he is going to be something special at his position just as I said Garza would be when he was a freshmen.
We get a lot of offensive rebounds. JBo and CJ each have 2 for the season...JT 3. Nunge is 2nd on the team and Patrick 4th...Murray 5th.

Connor leads the team in assists and
his assist to TO ratio is 4.5 to 1 which is outstanding. IMO he’s also our smartest fouler...and has the highest basketball IQ.

We get a lot of offensive rebounds. JBo and CJ each have 2 for the season...JT 3. Nunge is 2nd on the team and Patrick 4th...Murray 5th.

Connor leads the team in assists and
his assist to TO ratio is 4.5 to 1 which is outstanding. IMO he’s also our smartest fouler...and has the highest basketball IQ.
Those are good points and I am not knocking any of the players on the team. Each one brings skills with them.

I just feel solely from an offensive point of view the lineup I suggested brings the best offensive, cohesive, and diversified set of players together.................... as of right now at this point in the season.

It’s been a while since we have seen such an over all talented group of players in an Iowa uniform. You would have to go back to Tom Davis’s first year that he coached as Iowa’s head coach (Props to George Raveling for recruiting that group of talented players). Get past that team and then the next team would be the Iowa final four team with Ronnie Lester and gang.

Latest posts