Fran, J-Bo, CJ Fredrick Northwestern Postgame Interviews

I seriously hope the old Jbo is back and that this game wasn’t just an aberration. We really need his outside shooting threat. It puts a dagger in the opponents hearts when they start to claw back into the game and JBo hits a couple of threes and takes the wind out of their sails.
It also takes a lot of pressure off of his teammates so they don’t feel the scoring all falls on them.

I wish him the best moving forward from this game.

I seriously hope the old Jbo is back and that this game wasn’t just an aberration. We really need his outside shooting threat. It puts a dagger in the opponents hearts when they start to claw back into the game and JBo hits a couple of threes and takes the wind out of their sails.
It also takes a lot of pressure off of his teammates so they don’t feel the scoring all falls on them.

I wish him the best moving forward from this game.
What a difference a game makes...JBo is now 83.3% from the line and 32.8% from 3. I knew Garza wasn’t going to shoot 65% from 3...sure to come down. And I knew JBo wasn’t going to shoot twenty something from 3...sure to go up.

I chuckled at Freddy’s comment‘s about how Northwestern was mugging Luka. I know people want to blame officiating after a loss but this game had A LOT of physical contact on both sides that wasn’t called. It was clearly more on Northwestern part but we got away with some things too.

I also noticed Jordan doing a lot of hand checking (placing hand or hands on the player you are guarding) on defense. Did they change that rule and are now allowing it?

Am I missing something? JBo has always been a streaky volume shooter. He's not back he never left. It's not like he's historically gone 35-40% every game. He's usually either on and everything goes in or off and costs us games.
Nothing against the kid but I think this team would be better without him than with him. More minutes for JT and KM

Am I missing something? JBo has always been a streaky volume shooter. He's not back he never left. It's not like he's historically gone 35-40% every game. He's usually either on and everything goes in or off and costs us games.
Nothing against the kid but I think this team would be better without him than with him. More minutes for JT and KM
Iowa would be better without its Senior starting PG that will likely go down as the schools best 3 point shooter of all time? Interesting. They weren't better LAST year when Jordan went out, in fact, it really put a crimp on the teams early success and made Iowa a way less potent team. They struggled without him but kept the ship afloat. They certainly could have used him. This team really really needs him. When he's on, Iowa is one of the best teams in the country. I got no problem with this opinion other than I think there's a really good chance that it's wrong.

Yes. You are missing something. JT is hurt and KM doesn’t play point guard. Also, streaky shooters win a lot of games for teams. See Iowa loss at MN.

Bohannons off has been way more off than all the other years and for a longer period of time. I doubt he ever had a 9 game stretch as off as it was to start this year. Even against North Carolina you didn't see the confidence you saw last night. Bohannon being back would mean a good game every 3rd game. Not every 6th-9th. We will see.

Bohannons off has been way more off than all the other years and for a longer period of time. I doubt he ever had a 9 game stretch as off as it was to start this year. Even against North Carolina you didn't see the confidence you saw last night. Bohannon being back would mean a good game every 3rd game. Not every 6th-9th. We will see.
And we all need to remember he essentially missed 2 years with 2 surgeries. It’s not unexpected for him to need 10 games to find his groove.

I'm just saying... they weren't WAY better last year without him, in fact I think it kind of put a cap on how far our team could go. Him not being part of the recipe was a big deal.

I can't get down with that just yet. Him having games like this scares the crap out of teams. Even if he doesn't shoot this well all the time the fact that he can means coaches have to coach their teams accordingly. And who benefits the most from that? Garza and the other shooters. Now if JBo were to stink as bad as CM does at them and begin passing on shots due to lack of confidence then yeah I'd be with you. But he's not and won't be. So sure situationally I'd like to see JT get more mins but JBo has a huge role to play on this team yet and it's a really really big one.

Am I missing something?

You say JBo costs us games when he's off but give no credit to him helping us win when he's on.

Toussaint couldn't go last night. If JBo doesn't step up, and hit a couple in the lane, and get to the line, and make a key inbounds to Luka with one on the shot clock, and even play some defense, we might not win.

Am I missing something?

You say JBo costs us games when he's off but give no credit to him helping us win when he's on.

Toussaint couldn't go last night. If JBo doesn't step up, and hit a couple in the lane, and get to the line, and make a key inbounds to Luka with one on the shot clock, and even play some defense, we might not win.
I don't give him credit for helping the team win games because that should be the expectation. My issue is when he goes 0-3, instead of realizing he's not feeling it and focusing on doing other things he can do to help the team win, he keeps chucking up shots from 10 ft behind the line. And maybe some of that is on the coaching staff telling the kids to shoot through slumps, but if this team wants to be elite, it isn't just about playing better D.

CJ has made one less 3 than JBO this season on 30 less attempts.

Even if he manages to get back to 40% shooting, that doesn't mean he's making 4 out of 10 shots in a game, it means he has 70% shooting games and 10% shooting games. Winning games by 30 because he's on is useless if we'd still win those games by 10 without him, especially if he's throwing away possessions on his off nights.

I don't give him credit for helping the team win games because that should be the expectation. My issue is when he goes 0-3, instead of realizing he's not feeling it and focusing on doing other things he can do to help the team win, he keeps chucking up shots from 10 ft behind the line. And maybe some of that is on the coaching staff telling the kids to shoot through slumps, but if this team wants to be elite, it isn't just about playing better D.

Even if he manages to get back to 40% shooting, that doesn't mean he's making 4 out of 10 shots in a game, it means he has 70% shooting games and 10% shooting games. Winning games by 30 because he's on is useless if we'd still win those games by 10 without him, especially if he's throwing away possessions on his off nights.
I just hope he keeps shooting, so does Fran. Jordan is a great a shooter. Period, he’s proven and vital to this teams success. I want him getting as many looks every game that we can get. If he’s off, ya live with it because ya know he’s a 40 % career shooter from three and it’s only a matter of time before he heats up. IMO he’s our 3rd best scoring option, right behind 2 elite players in our program. In what world do we live in that we want our 3rd best scoring option to stop shooting or sit the bench?

Thats the glass half empty way of looking at it. Another way to look at it is so far if he played average in every game, we win the Minnesota game (a game we were about 99% to win with a minute left anyway) and potentially lose the North Carolina and Northwestern games.

I just hope he keeps shooting, so does Fran. Jordan is a great a shooter. Period, he’s proven and vital to this teams success. I want him getting as many looks every game that we can get. If he’s off, ya live with it because ya know he’s a 40 % career shooter from three and it’s only a matter of time before he heats up. IMO he’s our 3rd best scoring option, right behind 2 elite players in our program. In what world do we live in that we want our 3rd best scoring option to stop shooting or sit the bench?
I'd say he's 4th best if he's playing good. CJ is really good.

I'd say he's 4th best if he's playing good. CJ is really good.
I could hear that and I might even entertain that they could be interchangeable in that role, but Jordan is a more proven scorer. I would say that CJ is overall the much better player in general, but Jbo is the more proven scorer. In that I mean, he's had higher output games and he's had them more often. This season, so far, yeah CJ has him nudged, we'll see how it all plays out. I also realize that Jordan's role on the team as far as a scorer has shifted a great deal over his career. I still want Jordan taking 3's and so does his coach.

Fair enough, but you just explained in a nutshell why he gets little or no love from so many, to the point where its gotten people banned (Hawk 5656 for example).

Maybe he comes off to some as entitled because he's hit so many clutch shots and free throws. Maybe it was the intentional missed free throw, which drew some ire on this board. Maybe its the Brevin Pritzl style facial mannerisms. Maybe its the defense. Maybe its the Fortnignt. But he made a lot of plays last night in addition to the three point shooting. The inbounds to Garza with one on the shot clock was a back breaker. The head fake got a defender off his feet, and led to free throws.

Its not just his shooting either. His assist to TO ratio is better than 3 to 1. For Joe T its not quite 2 to 1. He has been to every hostile barn in this league. We need him at his best if we are to make a run this year.

Fair enough, but you just explained in a nutshell why he gets little or no love from so many, to the point where its gotten people banned (Hawk 5656 for example).

Maybe he comes off to some as entitled because he's hit so many clutch shots and free throws. Maybe it was the intentional missed free throw, which drew some ire on this board. Maybe its the Brevin Pritzl style facial mannerisms. Maybe its the defense. Maybe its the Fortnignt. But he made a lot of plays last night in addition to the three point shooting. The inbounds to Garza with one on the shot clock was a back breaker. The head fake got a defender off his feet, and led to free throws.

Its not just his shooting either. His assist to TO ratio is better than 3 to 1. For Joe T its not quite 2 to 1. He has been to every hostile barn in this league. We need him at his best if we are to make a run this year.
Yeah. There isn’t much he hasn’t seen or experienced at this point. As a Hawk fan I feel so incredibly lucky to have a player with his season on this team. I want the ball in his hands at nearly every crucial moment they have in front of them. He won’t get rattled. How fans can want him sitting or wanting to move on from him actually breaks my brain.

Jordan Bohannon

Jbo's 8 Threes against Maryland

And the game-winning shots, plus the shot that took us into OT against Michigan in the BTT

Wisconsin freshman year

Here he makes the buzzer-beater and 3 threes in OT against Indiana

North Carolina: 7 threes for Jordan

I prefer to have him on the floor, especially at crunch time

Put JoeT in for give JBo a rest and defensive intensity

JoeT is an excellent contrast to Jordan

His ability to take it inside forces teams to change their strategy

We have a solid system and it appears that the D has stepped up all around

It's All Good

Latest posts