Fran is the worst bench coach since...

skinnykilmer17

And you can't answer Lickliter because he has been erased from our memories. Correct?

Oops.

But seriously, Fran gets out coached in big games. Repeatedly.

How can you finish a game with yet another timeout in your pocket?? Does he get $$ for saved timeouts?? Ridiculous. Even Bobby Hansen made a passing comment right after the game. And that is the most criticism Fran will receive probably.

Since this guy?

$_35.JPG

Come on ,let's be realistic here, Fran done a great job at Iowa . He owns 103-78 coaching record here at Iowa. But a losing coaching record in Big Ten Conference.42-48 coaching record. It could be improved upon. Hopefully he will......

Correct me if I am wrong but coaches cannot call a timeout from the bench this year. It has to be called by a player on the floor. Clemmons and Uthoff both turned it over with a timeout available. Two seniors that are being trusted to inbound the ball because of their experience and they both botched it. Sure the coaches can draw up an inbounds play, but in that scenario one of those players has to make the call.

Poor coaching sure but poor decision making my two seniors.

So if Morris's shot had missed or Uthoff's shot had gone in, he would have just coached a win against the #4 ranked team in the country on the road. Does the fact that we got ahead by 20 mean anything in his favor?

Big leads happen. Blown leads happen. It's the Law of Large Numbers at its finest.

So if Morris's shot had missed or Uthoff's shot had gone in, he would have just coached a win against the #4 ranked team in the country on the road. Does the fact that we got ahead by 20 mean anything in his favor?

Big leads happen. Blown leads happen. It's the Law of Large Numbers at its finest.

Just a sliver of composure from Iowa's bench or players in the last minute gets that win. Shouldve never come down to the last 15 seconds.

Fran tops Raveling, Boy Wonder and Lackluster combined.

Tops Raveling? Uh, I'm not sure about that one. Close, but not sure. But - I loved George, his demeanor, and his great recruiting. Had so many positives compared to McCaffery. However, it seemed like when Iowa was playing for the last shot, time would run down and the best shot we could get was some 30ft, off balance shot...

I also don't remember Raveling treating anybody with disrespect, including the press and the fans. Fran can be a real jerk. I've gotten off-subject a little bit, but I will close my post with saying that I am basically through watching Iowa basketball after that full-blown debauchery of a loss last night. Yes, I know the correct term is "debacle", but somehow "debauchery" fits better. A least I know that "Gorgeous Georges (Niang)" and the Clowns will not go that far this year if they can barely beat a team like Iowa - on their home court no less.

Fran is a good bench coach. He just has his "deer in the headlights" moments. I do not know if it is a risk adverse, fear of making a mistake or an indecisiveness that causes problems at crucial times. He just doesn't make changes at certain times.

I almost think it is his fear of making a decision that leads to a mistake. But whatever it is, Fran certainly screwed up on Thursday. That was pathetic. He is the inverse of Alford, whose arrogance and lack of basketball intelligence just does not work out well in most situations. He will make the change or decision, where Fran rides the status quo instead of making that call that could change the game in our favor. For fear of making an error in judgement?? Possibly.

The entire 2nd half was not good. And I wouldn't say it was because ISU played all that well. We just didn't make a change, run our offense for S, substitute enough.

Good thing for him, is that Hawk fans are riding the wave of the Rose Bowl, nobody seemed to care too much. Usually I hear all kinds of things from people after screwing up a game. But nothing this year so far . riding that football high, I guess...

Latest posts