Fran goes 0-3 on good transfers...

As I said earlier... with 2 kids on the roster...things could get ugly over the next year or two. I can't see Fran being here in April of 2021. (though he will have a nice payday thanks to that idiot in the AD's office)
Just wait till Kirk takes a retirement job as AD. :D

Chris Jans will only wait so long...
That whole getting wasted, groping college chicks at a bar, telling two of ‘em they were bitches when they wouldn’t go home with him, and getting fired for it might put a damper on any Iowa hiring.

He might be able to work with Boozelak in the booth after Adolph is gone though...

That whole getting wasted, groping college chicks at a bar, telling two of ‘em they were bitches when they wouldn’t go home with him, and getting fired for it might put a damper on any Iowa hiring.

He might be able to work with Boozelak in the booth after Adolph is gone though...
You're probably right, but his team returns a ton. They might make a run in the tourney; if they do, someone's gonna get a really good coach.

Compile for us the starting 5 players for every NBA team and the top 25 ranked NCAA teams and let us know what the percentage is.

I’ll wait here.

I'm aware of the disparity, however per NCAA demographic research NCAA basketball is 58% black student athletes. So the difference is not as large as you would make it seem. However I will concede that the percentage is likely at least 5 to 10% higher for Division 1 basketball.

All the same your statement that a white basketball team can not compete is silly. Thinking that someone who is black is automatically better at basketball is a racist stereotype in it's own right. Almost all racial stereotypes center themselves around a common perception. So claiming that proof of such a stereotype is in the numbers is usually wrong. Even when logic and observation would lead one to believe it true.

Furthermore in 2015 white NBA players only accounted for 23%. Today that has risen to 27%. Maybe Fran is just a trend setter. Playing devil's advocate is fun.

1 does not always equal 1 when it comes to basketball demographics.

Mbball_TeamPhoto_2018_19_Staff.jpg

I'm aware of the disparity, however per NCAA demographic research NCAA basketball is 58% black student athletes. So the difference is not as large as you would make it seem. However I will concede that the percentage is likely at least 5 to 10% higher for Division 1 basketball.

All the same your statement that a white basketball team can not compete is silly. Thinking that someone who is black is automatically better at basketball is a racist stereotype in it's own right. Almost all racial stereotypes center themselves around a common perception. So claiming that proof of such a stereotype is in the numbers is usually wrong. Even when logic and observation would lead one to believe it true.

Furthermore in 2015 white NBA players only accounted for 23%. Today that has risen to 27%. Maybe Fran is just a trend setter. Playing devil's advocate is fun.
It might be 58% of all players, but again, you’re dodging the point. That statistic gives equal weight and skill to John Lickliter and Zion Williamson. Which is laughable and absurd. You seem to be a smart enough guy to realize it so I don’t know why you’d throw that stat out there.

Again, I’m challenging you to compile the starting 5 of all NBA and the top 25 NCAA teams. You and I both know it’s nowhere near approaching 58%.

Starters are by default the best players on their teams at their positions.

Also, it’s not my “claim” that an almost all white team can’t compete. It’s proven history. Unless you really believe that Iowa 2019 is somehow going to defy hundreds of thousands of games over many decades.

If you truly think this is the needle in a Mount Everest-sized haystack I don’t know what else I can say. That’s just illogical.

You're probably right, but his team returns a ton. They might make a run in the tourney; if they do, someone's gonna get a really good coach.
I got nothing against the guy, didn’t mean to sound holier than thou. All of my close friends (as well as Fryowa) raised more hell than that guy ever did.

I just know that Iowa wouldn’t consider the guy because of it.

For clarity’s sake, there’s no way Iowa would ever hire me either.

Also, it’s not my “claim” that an almost all white team can’t compete. It’s proven history. Unless you really believe that Iowa 2019 is somehow going to defy hundreds of thousands of games over many decades.

If you truly think this is the needle in a Mount Everest-sized haystack I don’t know what else I can say. That’s just illogical.

It is your "claim" though. Please provide the hundreds of thousands of basketball games that solely pitted all white teams vs all black teams.

I'll wait here.

I get what your saying I really do. I even went as far as to acknowledge that it's a reasonable logical step to associate the success of black men and women in the sport with undeniable dominance, but that just isn't wholly accurate. I'm just telling you that making a blank generalization is just bad form and usually wrong.

When pondering the saturation of black people in basketball, there are potentially other factors that could lead you to the same end result. First and foremost is cultural significance. I would postumise that basketball is more culturally significant in black communities then say White, Hispanic or Asian. This cultural significance could and most likely does foster an environment of support and positive reward for athletic prowess in basketball and other sports. If young black children see this significance then it would be human nature to strive for excellence in what you deem to be relevant and important.

If all the assumptions made in the paragraph above have any tangible truth then it would not be hard to assume that the sport of basketball is a black majority because of participation levels.

Lastly. There are roughly 120 players in the NBA that identify as white. If 5 of them found their way to a single college team (during their college careers) they would not be able to compete? There is no need to reaffirm that you don't believe any of our players are future NBA prospects. Just answer the hypothetical question honestly and sincerely.

If he heard Virginia offered the kid and still gave an Iowa offer, he’s a dumbass that did nothing but make himself a laughing stock among the kid’s circle.

That would be like me asking Joe West if he would umpire 12u games this year for $40/game instead of working MLB for $450,000. That’s so f’ing ludicrous no one could possibly have taken It seriously.

Well Fran just offered Nimari Burnett, after he had received offers from Michigan, Auburn, tOSU, and UCLA among others. Wouldn't that almost be the same thing?

Well Fran just offered Nimari Burnett, after he had received offers from Michigan, Auburn, tOSU, and UCLA among others. Wouldn't that almost be the same thing?

It is probably a fruitless venture unless we are willing to deal.

Just wait till Kirk takes a retirement job as AD. :D

I actually think that would be better than Barta. I'm guessing you're opposed because you think it guarantees Brian becomes next coach. It wouldn't. Kirk couldn't hire Brian as HC. It would either need to be a lame duck move by Barta before stepping down or the hire would have to go through Herald and maybe even need Regent backing. Also Kirk couldn't be Brian's direct report. The president would have to be Brian's direct report. All of this probably will discourage Kirk from even wanting the AD.

It is your "claim" though. Please provide the hundreds of thousands of basketball games that solely pitted all white teams vs all black teams.

I'll wait here.

I get what your saying I really do. I even went as far as to acknowledge that it's a reasonable logical step to associate the success of black men and women in the sport with undeniable dominance, but that just isn't wholly accurate. I'm just telling you that making a blank generalization is just bad form and usually wrong.

When pondering the saturation of black people in basketball, there are potentially other factors that could lead you to the same end result. First and foremost is cultural significance. I would postumise that basketball is more culturally significant in black communities then say White, Hispanic or Asian. This cultural significance could and most likely does foster an environment of support and positive reward for athletic prowess in basketball and other sports. If young black children see this significance then it would be human nature to strive for excellence in what you deem to be relevant and important.

If all the assumptions made in the paragraph above have any tangible truth then it would not be hard to assume that the sport of basketball is a black majority because of participation levels.

Lastly. There are roughly 120 players in the NBA that identify as white. If 5 of them found their way to a single college team (during their college careers) they would not be able to compete? There is no need to reaffirm that you don't believe any of our players are future NBA prospects. Just answer the hypothetical question honestly and sincerely.

Perhaps you are just making a statement, but your argument isn't particularly relevant as a reply to Fryowa as he said, "The sample size is millions of games over many decades. It makes no difference to me whether it's average body size, fast twitch muscle volume, a higher VO2 MAX, a cultural effect, or a socio-economic effect." He isn't addressing the cause or the appropriateness of it, just its reality.

P.S. You had me at "postumise."

Yes, although not quite so much as after an offer from the national champions.

Last edited:
He isn't addressing the cause or the appropriateness of it, just its reality.
This is exactly what I’ve said the whole time but he’s not grasping it, and I’m not interested enough to keep pursuing it.

@Adam also said,
Please provide the hundreds of thousands of basketball games that solely pitted all white teams vs all black teams.

I never once, ever said anything about “all white” or “all black” teams. He’s making exaggerations of what I said to try and prove a point.

What I did say is that NBA and the top 25 NCAA teams’ starters (which are quite literally the best basketball players in the USA) are almost all black percentage-wise. Nothing more, nothing less. I said nothing of the cause of why that is because I don’t care. He knew he was wrong so turned it into a race debate instead of a factual observation. Classic deflection.

History tells you that if you have a team made up predominantly of white players you’re not going to be successful in P6 basketball. Unless Adam feels this team magically is a once-in-40 years unicorn.

And he did nothing to prove me wrong.

I actually think that would be better than Barta. I'm guessing you're opposed because you think it guarantees Brian becomes next coach. It wouldn't. Kirk couldn't hire Brian as HC. It would either need to be a lame duck move by Barta before stepping down or the hire would have to go through Herald and maybe even need Regent backing. Also Kirk couldn't be Brian's direct report. The president would have to be Brian's direct report. All of this probably will discourage Kirk from even wanting the AD.
I was not being serious about KF being the AD. Barta will be the AD for the next decade.

This is exactly what I’ve said the whole time but he’s not grasping it, and I’m not interested enough to keep pursuing it.

@Adam also said,

I never once, ever said anything about “all white” or “all black” teams. He’s making exaggerations of what I said to try and prove a point.

What I did say is that NBA and the top 25 NCAA teams’ starters (which are quite literally the best basketball players in the USA) are almost all black percentage-wise. Nothing more, nothing less. I said nothing of the cause of why that is because I don’t care. He knew he was wrong so turned it into a race debate instead of a factual observation. Classic deflection.

History tells you that if you have a team made up predominantly of white players you’re not going to be successful in P6 basketball. Unless Adam feels this team magically is a once-in-40 years unicorn.

And he did nothing to prove me wrong.

I concede.

Oh, I don't know, could it be that they have a former NBA player, an awesome one at that, as their head coach? Also, have you ever been to Nashville? They don't call it Nash-Vegas for nothing.

Good lord, people just need to relax and get your damn panties out of a bunch.

Yeah...well...if a team lost 20 straight to end the season and didn't win a game in the conference...well...that might deter me if I was a transfer. He bought what Stackhouse was selling...but in this situation...the nucleus of players at Iowa and the fit would seem to favor us over a team that lost 20 straight. You only have so much time and if you think Vandy goes from 0-18 in the conference to 9-9 or better, you're smoking crack.

Nashville is nice...but the country music thing would get really old.

Latest posts