Fran, Barta talk contract change; nothing imminent

HawkeyeHypnosis

Iowa’s Fran McCaffery, Gary Barta talk contract change but nothing imminent | TheGazette

Didn't see this posted yet. From article:

McCaffery said nothing is finalized on additional years or more compensation and deferred to Barta on specifics.

“That’s premature, but we’re working in that direction,â€￾ McCaffery said when asked if there was an agreement. “Both (years and compensation), I think that’s where we’re headed.â€￾

Barta said he and McCaffery have met almost weekly since the offseason.

“We’ve been on the same page ever since he walked in the door two years ago. I would say we’re still there,â€￾ Barta said. “We’ve been talking about the future. Clearly I’m very pleased with where we’ve gone so far, and talking about how many years and compensation, again, we’re on the same page.â€￾

Ridiculous. The guy has one mediocre season and thinks he deserves a raise and extension. 1.15 million a year is plenty for an 18 win coach.

Fire him and fire Ferentz while you're at it Barta!! Mediocre coaching is unacceptable even if we are just little ol' Iowa.

1 yr extension w/ $100k a year increase. Maybe a boat for the lake, but's that's it.
NCAA next year will bring much bigger extend w/ much bigger raise.
No NCAA next year will mean no extend w/ no raise.

1 yr extension w/ $100k a year increase. Maybe a boat for the lake, but's that's it.
NCAA next year will bring much bigger extend w/ much bigger raise.
No NCAA next year will mean no extend w/ no raise.

Yeah, just give him a new contract every year he does better.

Ridiculous. The guy has one mediocre season and thinks he deserves a raise and extension. 1.15 million a year is plenty for an 18 win coach.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM]Haters Gonna Hate.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts