Fran and Marble meeting today

I don't know if perception equals reality but it would appear Fran is working a lot harder than Mr. Lickliter was when he took the job.

I don't know if perception equals reality but it would appear Fran is working a lot harder than Mr. Lickliter was when he took the job.

I think Fran did more media appearances in his first 2-3 days than Lick did in his entire time here.

With his family back in NY, I suspect Fran is freed up to work 24/7...which is necessary in this particular period. Like Zevon said...he will sleep when he is dead.

NO , he has made it known he works as many as 18 hours aday,which is more than most of us work.

It helps having a spouse that is as dedicated to the job as the coach. I am sure she knows exactly what he is up against and feels a certain amount of collaboration in the effort, particularly because getting back to the Midwest was a priority for her.

I would not work that much for any amount of money. It leaves no time for anything else. Not worth it to have no life outside of work.

Fran has this summer to relax, right now he has a month to get recruits and even a shorter time to try to get his current and decommits back.

Yep..

Fran has this summer to relax, right now he has a month to get recruits and even a shorter time to try to get his current and decommits back.

Time is of the essence over the next 30 days. Filling out his staff and finding 3-4 players has to occur. Once he gets past that, I would imagine that the job would return to more normalcy. It's hard to keep up 18-hour workdays for more than short stretches at a time.

I find it hilarious that this entire thread contains no information whatsoever on the subject topic.

The last two in-home visits (Larson & Brust) didn't turnout too well.

How do you know? Were you sitting in the living rooms with him?

Both players seemed upset that the coach and staff that recruited them had been fired and wanted to look at their options. They were released from their LOIs. That's something Coach Fran has no control over.

If he was able to get a clearer picture of where they're at, to let them know what he's about and what he expects of players, and to establish a base from which he can recruit them anew, then I think he was successful, whether or not either player eventually lands in Iowa City.

Latest posts