Fox/DirecTV dispute

spliff45

For those of you still with DirecTV, it sounds like Fox will be pulling all of their programming at midnight on Friday. Both streaming and linear. This does include the BTN.

For those of you still with DirecTV, it sounds like Fox will be pulling all of their programming at midnight on Friday. Both streaming and linear. This does include the BTN.

Honest question…

Why would anyone pay for dish and be tied into equipment fees and contracts in this day and age?

Honest question…

Why would anyone pay for dish and be tied into equipment fees and contracts in this day and age?
I have DirecTV. I'm happy with it except the price is more than I want to play. I pay $106 which includes the $20 extra monthly charges. I can cancel at any time with no fees, or so they say. As time goes on I get more perks because I've had it for 20 years. If it was the same service, fees, etc. as it was when I first got it, there's no way in hell I'd still have it. I've gotten free NFL Sunday Ticket (normally $293) for the past several years, anywhere streaming, my choice of movie packs (Showtime, HBO, Starz, etc) free and a 2nd one for $1.99 per month and can switch anytime I want. The $106 is more than things like Youtube TV, etc, so I'm sure I'm throwing money away, but I'm happy with what I've got. Also, my wife doesn't like change, so there's that.

Talked with my brother-in-law who has Youtube TV about getting that and he said that the price has gone up from when he got it and he likes it but he's not completely happy with it. I know others that love it and I know there are other services but I haven't really researched it or any other services so I have no idea what they have to offer compared to what I get, but I know I should.

I don't pay for any streaming service other than what I get on my wife's Amazon Prime account. I do get Paramount Plus with my 247 sports subscription, and Peacock with my brother's login. It's honestly way more than I need with my schedule but they're free so I use them. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't have Netflix, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

I don't know if anything has been resolved but I still have Fox and BTN.

I have DirecTV. I'm happy with it except the price is more than I want to play. I pay $106 which includes the $20 extra monthly charges. I can cancel at any time with no fees, or so they say. As time goes on I get more perks because I've had it for 20 years. If it was the same service, fees, etc. as it was when I first got it, there's no way in hell I'd still have it. I've gotten free NFL Sunday Ticket (normally $293) for the past several years, anywhere streaming, my choice of movie packs (Showtime, HBO, Starz, etc) free and a 2nd one for $1.99 per month and can switch anytime I want. The $106 is more than things like Youtube TV, etc, so I'm sure I'm throwing money away, but I'm happy with what I've got. Also, my wife doesn't like change, so there's that.

Talked with my brother-in-law who has Youtube TV about getting that and he said that the price has gone up from when he got it and he likes it but he's not completely happy with it. I know others that love it and I know there are other services but I haven't really researched it or any other services so I have no idea what they have to offer compared to what I get, but I know I should.

I don't pay for any streaming service other than what I get on my wife's Amazon Prime account. I do get Paramount Plus with my 247 sports subscription, and Peacock with my brother's login. It's honestly way more than I need with my schedule but they're free so I use them. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't have Netflix, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
I also don’t have Netflix.

I don’t watch tv other than sports and if I watch a movie it’s on Prime. If I wasn’t a sports fan I wouldn’t have any tv at all.

What I like about YouTube TV is that you can share accounts up to five different ways. I split it with a buddy of mine so it only costs me $35 a month. You’re allowed 3 separate streams at once but we never go over that. I’ve never had more than one going at a time. My kid just turned 16 so he’s at the stage where the last thing he’s going to be doing is sitting at home watching tv, lol. Hardly see him anymore.

I'm a Dish guy, but its more stupidity, fear of change, and growing up with it as to why I haven't cancelled it yet and tbh I'm not sure why I still have it lol. Now that I started streaming this past year adding Paramount+ and Peacock (for their soccer options) to my collection of Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney+ I feel it's definitely a matter of time before I'm done with Dish and cable altogether.

I'm totally with Fryowa in rarely watching TV anymore. I realize that now that my kids are getting older, all I really watch are sports and movies and there's no need or time for anything else.

Man, I changed to YouTube several yrs ago and never looked back. So happy. Two of the very things that stick out is: 1) No damn equipment or cords. I hated the receivers and all the cords. Also, this makes moving a TV around so much easier and better if one wishes. If you want to take a TV out to the patio but don't have a permanent solution for an outdoor TV you can grab and go fairly easy. 2) Absolute no rain or weather fade. Dish services downplay this but it does happen enough in a year for my liking, especially spring and early summer months.

Latest posts