Four day blackout

I was impressed with the improvement I saw yesterday.................... granted I just had the right eye lens replaced yesterday and the left lens replace two weeks ago........ so maybe that had something to do with it............. ha.

Seriously though, I thought the starters look much improved on offense and on defense. They still have a lot to work on but it was good to see good cohesiveness on both sides of the court. Dang that freshman can really shoot the ball. On nights when we hit on all cylinders we are going to give some of the conference favorites all they are going to want.

The 2nd 3rd string centers are extremely raw!
Mark my words we are going to miss Jack Nunge.

Maybe almost as much as Luka. Garza, while he improved his footspeed over the years, was still slow and could still bog down the offense and take space away from others to operate.

Jack has been putting up some nice numbers in a small sample size for Xavier. He has been rebounding, which he didn't do much of at Iowa.

Mark my words we are going to miss Jack Nunge.

Maybe almost as much as Luka. Garza, while he improved his footspeed over the years, was still slow and could still bog down the offense and take space away from others to operate.

Jack has been putting up some nice numbers in a small sample size for Xavier. He has been rebounding, which he didn't do much of at Iowa.

Which is super frustrating because you could see that Nunge would have had a huge impact if he had stuck around. Not judging because we all understood why he left.

CJF or Nunge: In your opinion, which loss will have the greater impact?

Which is super frustrating because you could see that Nunge would have had a huge impact if he had stuck around. Not judging because we all understood why he left.

CJF or Nunge: In your opinion, which loss will have the greater impact?
Nunge.

We have multiple players ready to step up and replace what CJ (and Wieskamp for that matter) would have provided for us. Those said players just need to get a full year under their belts of playing the league circuit.

Nunge would have given us an experienced, versatile big. Unless Josh O and/or Mulvey make strides in a hurry we will have an eight or nine man rotation where the tallest player s is 6'9. Last I checked we had Cockburn, Williams, Dickerson and other behemoths in this league.

CJ played solid D. It wasn't immediately apparent but his man had trouble getting
a shot/or scoring

Ulis and Perkins will handle the D quite well

CJ's 7.5 points a game will be missed, however, Perkins and Ulis could cover that quite
easily, and Kris Murrey will probably score in double figures as the season goes on.

I will miss CJ's automatic threes as the clock run down at halftime

Main thing about CJ was his constant injuries, never knew when he would go down and for how long