Four day blackout

BigD

Well? Were there changes made on the website of some kind? That was really strange.

I am surprised that there wasn’t some sort of explanation as to what happened. Such as updates, upgrade’s.

Anyways, back to basketball. I hope we start playing better competition so as to get a better idea of how good we are.

I know last nights game was a lot closer than what I would have liked it to be, but like I said before the season began it will be fun to watch the younger players develop and see who stands out above other players.

I don’t know if Bo finally broke the big ten record for three pointers as I had to quit watching the game with about four minutes left in the game. Boy he couldn’t buy a three pointer in the second half. Maybe just pressing too hard and it possibly threw his shot off.

Last edited:
Well? Were there changes made on the website of some kind? That was really strange.

I am surprised that there wasn’t some sort of explanation as to what happened. Such as updates, upgrade’s.

Anyways, back to basketball. I hope we start playing better competition so as to get a better idea of how good we are.

I know last nights game was a lot closer than what I would have liked it to be, but like I said before the season began it will be fun to watch the younger players develop and see who stands out above other players.

I don’t know if Bo finally broke the big ten record for three pointers as I had to quit watching the game with about four minutes left in the game. Boy he couldn’t buy a three pointer in the second half. Maybe just pressing too hard and it possibly threw his shot off.
JBo needs one more to break the record. He sat on the bench the last 15 minutes of the second half while Fran rode the defensive unit of Uhlis, Perkins, Keegan, Connor and Rebraca to victory.

According to GoDaddy the domain expired (someone forgot to pay the bill) so they parked the domain. Saw this on the Twitters.

domain.png

Yeah, going dark for 4 days in the midst of football and basketball is a great way to stay in shape.

I like that Fran will bench Jordan when he's not on, even when he's chasing a record. Most of Iowa's success the other night came with Ulis and Perkins in the game. We obviously lose a little offense in that situation, but their D make it a lot harder for teams to attack the rim and I am glad that Fran sees it. I love that Jordan and Conner are on the team and we can lean on them when we need to, but also love that the staff understands that we have better options regardless of their tenure at Iowa.

Remember when Garza had a chance to break the scoring record he airballed a free throw. I think JBo just needs to sink this next one and he'll be fine after that

I like that Fran will bench Jordan when he's not on, even when he's chasing a record. Most of Iowa's success the other night came with Ulis and Perkins in the game. We obviously lose a little offense in that situation, but their D make it a lot harder for teams to attack the rim and I am glad that Fran sees it. I love that Jordan and Conner are on the team and we can lean on them when we need to, but also love that the staff understands that we have better options regardless of their tenure at Iowa.
Ulis and Perkins combined for 25 points. 3 for 3 from 3 point range.
And, yes, they set the tone defensively. Fran had Conner on the floor with that lineup to keep a steady, experienced hand in charge. Smart. We will see more if this lineup as the season progresses, I think. I would add that I am rather surprised that no mention has been made of the fact that Conner, the coach’s son, a senior and two year starter, is not starting. Maybe so much for favoritism, which was a featured topic for quite a while. Conner knows full well that he is a Swiss Army knife and has clearly accepted his role.

Hawks were better without Jbo on the floor after he tied the record

Too much pressure to make the shot

It will come

The D saved the game for the hawks

We had a most unusual team on the floor for about 10 minutes

Keegan, Connor, Rebraca, and the Defensive Demons, Ulis and Perkins

Connor's leadership and game savvy settled the lads down

Damn Keegan went insane and seemed to do it quite easily

Rebraca looked better on offense and plays very good D, but JoshO needs much more game time

Riley is probably a redshirt candidate

What'd he miss his last 7 shots? Yeah he kinda made the decision easy for Fran and the game was certainly not out of reach till the last 3 mins or so. He about had to give Perkins and Ulis more time. JT wasn't being a positive difference maker out there so much either although he wasn't bad by any means. JBos PT will be decided by his shooting now more then ever and if he's off then to me let him sit. We have options...

Yeah, this blackout meant I missed a lot of news, couldnt figure out why Kris Murray didnt play, finally found it in some twitter string, nothing in ESPN or B10 Basketball that I could find. I couldnt watch the game, so there is that, but I usually find this site to be a wealth of info...................

4 day blackout you say? I turn 40 on Sat so that sounds like foreshadowing to me!

4 day blackout you say? I turn 40 on Sat so that sounds like foreshadowing to me!
loose-skin-old-balls.gif

And yet not one fucking explanation for the spotty “server” outages leading up to the the four-day blackout. Not a great way to develop brand.

And yet not one fucking explanation for the spotty “server” outages leading up to the the four-day blackout. Not a great way to develop brand.
Does anyone really believe this site cares about us schlobs on the message board? Come on.....

Last edited:
Hahah pretty sure I'm one of if not THE youngest one here.. Like the pot calling the kettle black :) (I'm sure there's a better ball reference that can be made here but I'm lacking creativity today)
I’m 41. Just ribbin ya

It seems to me that the heading of the site is not working. I get all the elements of the menus (Home, News, Opinion, Podcasts, Videos, Forums and Search) on a white background with black button outlines in a vertical arrangement. However, they SHOULD be contained within the header of the site with the black background in a horizontal arrangement.

As a former website creator and programmer, I know how to fix the CSS, but I don't have access.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-11-19 12-50-07.png
    Screenshot from 2021-11-19 12-50-07.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts