Found this post on another site re: Aaron White....take down if this is not allowed

hawkeye12345

Aaron White. I've known the kid for years and I've watched the kid play for several years now. Here's the scoop. He is 6'8" in bare feet. Currently weighs in at 215. His frame can easily take another 15-20 pounds without taking away Aaron's quickness and agility. Clearly, he will need to put this weight on in the form of muscle to xcel in the Big10. He has put on 40 pounds since his sophmore year. Someone said he still had an "athletic look" to him even though he's getting stronger / bigger. That is correct. He is CLEARLY a strong kid, however, he is not your "gorilla" type kid that's gonna go elbow to elbow with the Sullinger's of the world down low in the paint. Aaron's natural position is a wing / 3, however, he can be a mismatch problem when playing the 4 against bigger / slower 4s. Many folks say Aaron is "deceptively athletic", which is true. What does that mean? It means he has serious bounce and runs like a deer for a 6'8" white kid. Iowa fans think Mr May has bounce? Wait until the Iowa fans get aload of this kid slammin one on the break or in traffic goin down the lane. It will happen. It's as simple as that. He is a unique basketball player in that he is a very, very skilled 6'8" player that can play with his back to the basket, shoot the 3 fairly well, block shots, bring the ball up the court, rebound, and has a basketball IQ that is very, very high. I'm not saying he's the next Gordon Hayward, however, Aaron's game mirror's Mr Hayward's in style. He currently is leading all of Northeastern Ohio at just under 25 points per game, averages 12 rebounds per game, and is averaging 6+ blocked shots per game. He also dishes out 2+ assists per game, which would be higher, however, he is asked to carry the scoring burden on a high school team that seriously lacks depth. His high school is D1 level, and the competition that he faces night in and night out is very, very strong. Simply put, the stats that Aaron is putting up are NOT against the little sisters of the poor. Someone wrote Aaron's high school is ranked 15th in ohio. That is false. It is 15 in NORTHEAST ohio. He has had back to back games of 36 and 40 points, grabbing 15 plus rebounds in each game. He recently passed the 1,000 pt mark for his high school career and will ultimately end up being the 2nd leading scorer in the history of his high school which goes back 30 years. Will he be an immediate impact type kid for Fran next year? My gut tells me Aaron will indeed win himself significant minutes, and I will not be surprised to see him make a name for himself as a freshmen. From there, there is little doubt in my mind that he will become a key / core player for Fran for the remaining 3 years at Iowa. If he doesnt start for Fran for at least 3 of his 4 years at Iowa I will be shocked. Even though Aaron had 25+ scholarship offers from D1 schools, he somewhat flew under the radar due to a wrist injury he sufferred his Jr year, which precluded him from participating in AAU tournaments in July. His stock blew up the following year. Iowa fans are gonna luv this kid.

Re: Found this post on another site re: Aaron White....take down if this is not allo

Thanks for the first hand info...looking forward to watching Aaron.

Re: Found this post on another site re: Aaron White....take down if this is not allo

I've always had a thought (hope?) in the back of my mind that this staff sees Aaron as starter material next year in the front court next to Mel. He may be undersized (weight wise), but he can put on the necessary lbs. and hopefully he can continue to grow as has been speculated on this board. I think on paper, he could have a huge impact for us next year on the offensive side of this ball. This is just a hunch as i have yet to see any video of the kid.

Did it come with paragraphs?

Good stuff...unless it's deemed "illegal content"...F it, it's still good stuff!

If he is a legitimate 6'8" and 215 pounds, he is already bigger than Hayward. If he is that good, we are on our way.

Actually, it didn't.

This. I cut and paste the entire thread. To be honest I got a little excited reading the post. Based solely on what the OP said and a few pics that I've seen of the kid it wouldn't surprise me to see this:

PG - Cartwright
Wing - Gatens
Wing - White
PF - Basabe
C - Brommer or JUCO transfer

Anyone know what he looks like on a moped?

We have a head coach that clearly knows how to identify talent. Some on this board made comparisons between Kirk and Fran and how they know how to find these "under the radar" type of kids. I think this is accurate.

I believe Gary Barta finally found the right guy to resurrect Iowa basketball. I am so excited and look forward to the ride!

We have a head coach that clearly knows how to identify talent. Some on this board made comparisons between Kirk and Fran and how they know how to find these "under the radar" type of kids. I think this is accurate.

I believe Gary Barta finally found the right guy to resurrect Iowa basketball. I am so excited and look forward to the ride!

I just wish it would have happened in 1999.

All sounds great. The only questionable part of the post is the fact that he didn't have 25 'written' offers from Division 1 schools.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that at first I wasn't too impressed with the White commitment, but that changed really fast with everything I have seen and heard from this year. This kid is really blowing up and will make an impact for the Hawks. And yes, I have heard the Hayward comparison from a number of sources. I think alot comes from people seeing him listed at 6'6" only to find out he is a legitimate 6'8".

"Aaron White is a borderline BCS player at best"

Anyone want to take a guess which genius made that statement? So of course none of this can possibly be true!! After all, it was Matt Perrault.

A 6'8" white kid that can run like a deer? Sounds like one of my favorite former players who now sits behind Fran at the games. One can only hope.

Dont you know that if that ****** Perrault said it, it has to be true? He knows everything and if you dont believe me just ask him, I am sure he will tell you. I would love to punch him right in the mouth.

A 6'8" white kid that can run like a deer? Sounds like one of my favorite former players who now sits behind Fran at the games. One can only hope.
Or, maybe, that guy we put the #40 up in the rafters for...

This. I cut and paste the entire thread. To be honest I got a little excited reading the post. Based solely on what the OP said and a few pics that I've seen of the kid it wouldn't surprise me to see this:

PG - Cartwright
Wing - Gatens
Wing - White
PF - Basabe
C - Brommer or JUCO transfer

I would guess the lineup will be:

Cartwright
Marble
Gatens
Basabe
Brommer

Latest posts