Fouls tonight

HawkeyeBA

Anyone have the stats on how many fouls were called on each team and what the attempts/mades were for each team?

Thanks

28 vs. 19 unofficially. if it had been called even remotely fair it'd have been 23 to 35 with about 3 nova guys getting tossed for flarant 2's.

Thanks hwks1.

Usually it's the other way around. They attempted 9 more FT's than Iowa and Iowa had 9 more personal fouls than Nova.

Refs have been bad in this tourney on both sides but I thought there were some really ******/questionable calls tonight against Iowa....

Of course I'm saying this because they lost but it's true.

Iowa letdown on defense... refs had nothing to do with it..Iowa got lazy.

Let down on defense eh? I guess you missed the 8 min stretch where Iowa couldn't score.

The team owns plenty of the blame but saying "the officiating had nothing to do with it" is pretty ignorant.

The entire team shot poorly from the line. Ultimately that is what lost the game IMO? That and poor step out D covering the three point shot.

I would also like to mention that there were 2 STARTERS that fouled out and our best 3 point shooter fouled out.... Yeah fouls didn't effect outcome.

Just to compare this game against Xavier game. The refs were just as bad in that game as tonight but at least it was called poorly against each team.

Edit: also Iowa won against Xavier ;)

I didn't get a chance to see the game, but just from looking at the stat sheet posted above, it seems odd that a team that shot that many 3's would also have been able to draw that many fouls. That would tell me that these fouls weren't necessarily the "Villanova being aggressive" variety...

I didn't get a chance to see the game, but just from looking at the stat sheet posted above, it seems odd that a team that shot that many 3's would also have been able to draw that many fouls. That would tell me that these fouls weren't necessarily the "Villanova being aggressive" variety...

Dude, literally 75% of the time they drove and didn't kick it back out, they got a foul called. Gesell freaking fouled out other than while trying to intentionally foul to extend a game. That NEVER happens.

Let down on defense eh? I guess you missed the 8 min stretch where Iowa couldn't score.

The team owns plenty of the blame but saying "the officiating had nothing to do with it" is pretty ignorant.

So it was the officiating that caused Iowa to play bad defense and not be able to get the ball out and run the fast break and secondary break like they were doing in the first half? When Iowa is reduced to a half court team, we are mediocre at best. And that's what Villanova did - they made us into a half court team.

So it was the officiating that caused Iowa to play bad defense and not be able to get the ball out and run the fast break and secondary break like they were doing in the first half? When Iowa is reduced to a half court team, we are mediocre at best. And that's what Villanova did - they made us into a half court team.

No. We're bad when we're a half court team and get called for a charge every time we penetrate or get mugged with no call every time we penetrate.

Iowa letdown on defense... refs had nothing to do with it..Iowa got lazy.

All the comeback 3s made by Nova were contested, tell me how the defense was lazy? The offense was the problem for poor ball handling, passing and shot selection when Nova came back

The officiating was terrible the game against Xavier and was better against UTEP. It wasn't very good last night in the Kansas/Nova game either and was suspect at times tonight.

Not sure about the rest of the games but overall it wasn't good from the 4 games that I watched.

Latest posts