Former Hawkeyes WR Marciano Found Dead

Awful news. Way too young. Who could forget the punt return in the dome in '86? I'll never forget it.

Awful news. Way too young. Who could forget the punt return in the dome in '86? I'll never forget it.

approx 4 minute mark is the punt return.

approx 14 minute mark young kf shaking fry's hand congrats -

i remember listening to this game on my radio in my bedroom - remember the call of the punt return - saturday night.....still in school living with my parents.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XIStRhKrgU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a Rhetoric class together and I had chance to get to know him. He was a really nice guy and funny too. RIP Peter.

I had forgotten about that. Is that the game where Houghtlin hit that long field goal at the end to beat Minn?

I had forgotten about that. Is that the game where Houghtlin hit that long field goal at the end to beat Minn?

Missed a long one on the last play, but they had a 12 men on field penalty. Made about a 37 yarder to win. Great game. Remember Rickey Foggey being very tough to stop. Marciano's punt return was huge. Remember watching with my father and grandmother. Grandma really liked that win...

Thanks for posting the you tube,anyone know why some of the linemen didn't have names on their jerseys.Very sad for his family,he left us way to young.RIP

Missed a long one on the last play, but they had a 12 men on field penalty. Made about a 37 yarder to win. Great game. Remember Rickey Foggey being very tough to stop. Marciano's punt return was huge. Remember watching with my father and grandmother. Grandma really liked that win...[/QUOTE

Remember watching it at a bar in Iowa City. There was a collective...awwww when Houghtlin missed... the bar got quiet. When they started walking off the penalty the place when nuts and errupted when Houghtlin made the winner.

As for the passing of Marciano. It's amazing how many of Hayden's players went on to some kind of leadership role..be it coaches, community leaders, etc. in their adult lives. Peter Marciano was a great Hawkeye.

approx 4 minute mark is the punt return.

approx 14 minute mark young kf shaking fry's hand congrats -

i remember listening to this game on my radio in my bedroom - remember the call of the punt return - saturday night.....still in school living with my parents.....

And starting at about the 13:00 mark that balding guy standing next to Hayden is Barry Alvarez.

Latest posts