Forest Evashevski has passed away

Very sad news. Such an iconic figure for not only the football program but the University of Iowa as well. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. Don't want to be cliche but like to think he was part of the crazy game today.

R.I.P. Coach!

Sad news, Jon.
Didn't experience those days, but have a lot of stories from those days, and how great a time is was for the Hawks. He will be missed.

GREAT coach!!!
His team played great fundamental football.
No matter who the player was, if he missed a block he would set on the bench a couple of plays.

That is sad to hear. He is truly a Hawkeye legend, I hope they have something to honor him next week at the Northwestern game.

I was just a kid listening to the games on the radio with my Dad back in those days. I don't remember the games but I remember my Dad's reaction to them. He was a great coach. COndolences to his family and friends.

He came to Iowa about my sophomore year. At the first pep rally he attended he promised to take Iowa to the Rose Bowl soon. When I heard him say that I just laughed. Others had made promises too, but in those days Iowa did not go to Rose Bowls. Jeez, was I wrong!

Latest posts