Forecast for opener 8/31

westender

74 degrees and partly cloudy. Lows in the 50s that night so it will be nice and cool during game by the 6:30pm kick. Sunset is 7:41pm. Looks like a great tailgating day.

Good thing the opener wasn't scheduled for 11am today. Might have put a slight damper on tailgating festivities.

For those who may not realize it there are some ferocious storms rolling through eastern Iowa from Iowa City to the quad cities and south as I type this.

Good thing the opener wasn't scheduled for 11am today. Might have put a slight damper on tailgating festivities.

For those who may not realize it there are some ferocious storms rolling through eastern Iowa from Iowa City to the quad cities and south as I type this.
Thanks for the heads up! I bet that storm will head my way here in Madison!

Here's Miami(OH)'s forecast:

200.webp

Yeah tons of flooded streets in Iowa City this morning, I feel like we got more rain in a few hours this morning that we had for last last 1.5 months combined

Local station showed a high of 69 degrees for Saturday, so bring the jackets kids. Unbelievable temps for an August 31 opener.

Yup! I have family in the Verona Middleton area. S*%# was crazy! 14 is highly traveled

Nice. I live in Verona. I have a boat slip by Waypoint off the Beltline in Monona. Water was thigh high on the pier, when it’s usually a couple feet below the pier. Basically had to snorkel to get the ropes loose to get the boat out

Who cares what the weather has in store for us...It's game week and a night game. Half won't be sober enough to care about the weather and the other half won't care the moment the game kicks off.

weather has been bizarre in Iowa.....May/June were wet and cool, then July was like an oven. August has been very cool, have had my AC on once in my house in the past three weeks. Sounds like we may need long sleeved shirts for the game Saturday night. It's been getting dark out at around 8:20ish, if cloudy then much sooner.

Nice. I live in Verona. I have a boat slip by Waypoint off the Beltline in Monona. Water was thigh high on the pier, when it’s usually a couple feet below the pier. Basically had to snorkel to get the ropes loose to get the boat out
Parents are in Verona. Small world. I believe it, just rained for a while this morning on your boat!

I know I speak for others when I say thanks, many, many of us live outside of Iowa and haven't a clue about the weather!

Ever get over to Sugar River Pizza? It's close to the Wellness Center where many AAU tournaments take place. It's much better than the local Pizza Ranch. Every time we go into the Verona Pizza Ranch I swear the same families are in there hogging the buffet all afternoon.

If anybody is in NW Iowa and bored we’re frying fish in the afternoon before the game and I’ll have enough of Okoboji’s finest bluegill for a bus load. I make a mean ass chipotle/lime sauce for fish that’ll make you forget tartar sauce ever existed, and there will be watermelon and coleslaw to go with it.

For those of you going to the game, I’ll donate $50 to the children’s hospital for anyone who gets a “DEATH TAXES FRYOWA” sign on TV.

Go Hawks

If anybody is in NW Iowa and bored we’re frying fish in the afternoon before the game and I’ll have enough of Okoboji’s finest bluegill for a bus load. I make a mean ass chipotle/lime sauce for fish that’ll make you forget tartar sauce ever existed, and there will be watermelon and coleslaw to go with it.

For those of you going to the game, I’ll donate $50 to the children’s hospital for anyone who gets a “DEATH TAXES FRYOWA” sign on TV.

Go Hawks
Aren't NW Iowa and bored kind of a redundancy?

I've actually been to the Okoboji area twice and had a great time both times I was there. My wife's college friend (and her maid of honor once upon a time) was blown away by how blue West 'Boji is. Note: She grew up in Wausau, Wisconsin and has seen a few lakes in her day.

Latest posts