Forde and Dodd stick to their story...

Hawkfromnorwalk

Scout.com: Dodd, Forde Talk Rhabdo

Decent free article from HI's Rob Howe. Dodd and Forde are confused as to why the Rhabdo story disappeared. Said that if it was tOSU or USC the media would have decended on them like no other. Dodd still wants to find out who all 13 players were. Forde sounds like he's done with it. Dodd sounds like he would like to do some more digging.

forde is an inbred, slobbering mizzwho grad; pls recall that we knocked their d!cks in the dirt in our bowl game
dodd is a ... well, I don't know if he's a kolij grad or where he may have learned English.
Sooooo...forget these tools. They matter to us about as much as Colon Cowhead does.
What we need to do this season is shut that f'n Fitzy McSh!thead and his purple puzzies up for once and for all. That is job one as far as I'm concerned.

forde is an inbred, slobbering mizzwho grad; pls recall that we knocked their d!cks in the dirt in our bowl game
dodd is a ... well, I don't know if he's a kolij grad or where he may have learned English.
Sooooo...forget these tools. They matter to us about as much as Colon Cowhead does.
What we need to do this season is shut that f'n Fitzy McSh!thead and his purple puzzies up for once and for all. That is job one as far as I'm concerned.

Epic

Just think about Dodd's name. 3 out of the 4 letters are D's. That's a whole bag of D's just in his name. You do the math.

during the media Q&A session, Ferentz opened things up for questions after giving his opening statement. At a minimum, 20 seconds went by before any media member raised their hands to call for the microphone to ask a question. It might have been longer. It was long enough for the moderator to restate his request for questions…and long enough where it felt a bit awkward. Point being, there was plenty of time, and an unfettered opportunity, for either Dodd or Forde to raise their hand, call for the mic, and ask the man a question related to Rhabdo, something neither did in January when they were attacking Ferentz’s character from hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. Predictably, that didn’t happen. I have a notion to just sit at Ferentz’s interview table tomorrow morning for the duration, just to see if Dodd or Forde shows up.

during the media Q&A session, Ferentz opened things up for questions after giving his opening statement. At a minimum, 20 seconds went by before any media member raised their hands to call for the microphone to ask a question. It might have been longer. It was long enough for the moderator to restate his request for questions…and long enough where it felt a bit awkward. Point being, there was plenty of time, and an unfettered opportunity, for either Dodd or Forde to raise their hand, call for the mic, and ask the man a question related to Rhabdo, something neither did in January when they were attacking Ferentz’s character from hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. Predictably, that didn’t happen. I have a notion to just sit at Ferentz’s interview table tomorrow morning for the duration, just to see if Dodd or Forde shows up.

I'll forgive your thin crust pizza comment, if'n you do! I'd also love to see how Dodd plans on going about getting his hands on the names of the players, which would undoubtedly open himself up to a lawsuit or 2...unless the Rhabdo 13 all come forward voluntarily.

Thank you for passing this along.
Absolutely hilarious, and shows just how 'Big Media' really works. They are not worried about conveying information to the public, they are worried about creating controversy and scandal for increased attention.

I think everyone should send them an email and tell to man up or shut up. If they don't have the guts to ask him face-to-face, then they don't deserve to discuss it any longer.

Like the previous poster said, the best way to get at a reporter like this is to kick the sh$t out of his favorite team...the purple pu$$ies. Guys like this are never going to stop so we might as well make them even more bitter by beating the he$$ out of their team. NOW that is satisfaction.

Here's what Jon should have done. Jon should have raised his hand to ask a ? then mosey up to the mic.

Jon - "I just had a question & was just wondering why Dennis Dodd or Pat Forde does not take this opportunity to ask Kirk Ferentz a question about the rhabdo situation in Iowa City? They seem to be able to question & take shots 250 miles away on their keyboard but with Ferentz in the same vicinity, they can't seem to have the spine to ask point-blank. That's all. And by the way, I had some awesome thin-crust pizza last night"

Thank you for passing this along.
Absolutely hilarious, and shows just how 'Big Media' really works. They are not worried about conveying information to the public, they are worried about creating controversy and scandal for increased attention.

If this were the case, wouldn't a confrontation with the coach create much more controversy and scandal?

I think the reason the media dropped this story (as opposed to if it were OSU or USC) is because, sorry to say it, it's Iowa and no one cares. I mean come on, the Big 10 media had an awkward pause because they didn't have anything to ask the Iowa coach. Iowa isn't a story anywhere across the rivers.

We disagree frequently Vin..but this was freakin' poetry.

I think everyone should send them an email and tell to man up or shut up. If they don't have the guts to ask him face-to-face, then they don't deserve to discuss it any longer.

I've message Dodd several times about the false accusations he made. I doubt he will man up ever. Mass transfers, ya know?

Kirk admitted that it was a mistake that he didn't return. How can you continue to bash a guy who admitted to a mistake? Thats why it died.

The S&C staff made a mistake in pushing guys too hard. It wasn't underhanded or devious. It was a truly honest mistake. Which most of the media realized, but hack columnists like these two don't actually contribute to journalism, they're muckrackers.

Latest posts