Forbes

For better or worse that was Steve Forbes, He will fight for his players, will tell it like it is and passionate what he does.

Before he came on their were talking about they're final four choices and both had Ohio St.. Forbes immediately came out firing "we might as well not show up in St louis according to you (joking).

When asked if his hat was in the ring " I'm not gonna comment on that. I have a great job, in a place with a top 5 class coming in and 2 top recruits in 2011 class.)

last part was a sales pitch.

So, can you tell if he has "charisma?" Can keep folks awake during a press conference? Would be attractive to the media and the fan base?

Corbin?

From what I can gauge in the last week on this site, you seem to have a pretty good handle on where this search is, even if you won't come right out and say it. Do you have any information or gut feeling on where Mr. Forbes is on the list of candidates?

Thanks in Advance.

WDM

I've been a Forbes supporter from the offset so I'm obviously biased. Either way, I would just appreciate a coach that actually wants to be here because it's the Iowa Hawkeyes. Not because we're the biggest paycheck available for them.

Lickliter had 0% Hawkeye in him even with his son playing. Alford had about 5% and most of it local Hair Salon products.

Forbes is one of those people that is almost always in a good mood unless talking to a ref during a game or after a bad loss.

If Forbes is Barta's choice...Big if. I truly believe he would be one hell of a fit. Paired with the right assistants With a blend of experiance and west coast recruiting (only area Forbes hasn't had much luck). We could be tough quick. His passion is contaigous.

I say just hire this guy...

An assistant coach at a successful BCS level program is equal to a mid major head coach. And from what I can tell, he is the only one that is actively campaigning for the job. That matters to me.

At least he is someone that doesn't need to be convinced that it is not only possible but easy to win at Iowa.

Charisma - YES! Sounds like a b-ball junkie. For a guy who's proven he can recruit, how easy would it be for him to sell a program that he considers his dream job? Put him in front of recruits and their families - it would never sound like a "pitch" - the passion for being a Hawkeye would ooze from his pores...

Right now it's any body's guess on who is actually on the list. Forbes would love the job as we all know. I think that when Barta is done shooting for the stars ( soon ) Forbes will be one of the options. My belief is that if it came down to Forbes, Drew and Barbee. Forbes will get the job For these reasons

Drew has a nasty streak that the Nccaa will catch up to on the recruiting side of thing.

Barbee is at UTEP and for what I gather is looking for a payday and dosen't care where it is.

Forbes has a huge list of assts. to pull from and can and will impress the heck out of Barta with his passion and vision for the program. You cannot fake his type of intesity.

Forbes will be one
Forbes has a huge list of assts. to pull from and can and will impress the heck out of Barta with his passion and vision for the program. You cannot fake his type of intesity.

You make a strong argument for Forbes.

I am all for Forbes granted that he brings in an outstanding staff (this can be said for all coaches obviously, but it is especially important for the guys who are currently assistants)

I could see this guy being like Ferentz, in terms of his committment to, and passion for the Iowa program. If we had a guy half as committed as KF as the new BB HC, we could go far. At first I was a bit skeptical about this guy, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I like him. With his recruting skills etc... he could have an immediate impact. I want a guy who wants to be at Iowa, and understands how to win. If we can't get Pearl, then why not his right hand man? I hope Barta is listening.

Latest posts