Forbes

IF he gets the job I could see this....

1 top flight west coast x and o guy

1 JC head coach ....Big name as far as JC's go.

Jason Shay

Bobby knows all about Forbes

Unless the new coaches name is Dixon, Turgeon or Pearl, what is the upside potential of any of these guys over someone who has dreamed of this job his entire life?

corbin, you should be Steve's agent, as you have me very excited about the possibility of seeing him on the bench next year! However, I would like you to talk to both my teachers and my girlfriend as to why I am not getting anything done. Anyways, you have any idea who the JC coach would be? It sounds like you do...

Played for him and was student asst back in the day

I have NO doubt he's a great guy, but I have to be honest.....I still say that's a huge risk. Even though he could be the right fit in every category, he's not yet PROVEN himself. I know you have to start somewhere, but I'm worried that we're beyond that point at Iowa.

I have NO doubt he's a great guy, but I have to be honest.....I still say that's a huge risk. Even though he could be the right fit in every category, he's not yet PROVEN himself. I know you have to start somewhere, but I'm worried that we're beyond that point at Iowa.

Ok lets all be realistic and use common sense for a minute.

If his A list dosen't work out...Proven BCS head coachs.The b list is what we are talking about here.

I agree that Dixon , Pearl or Coach K are better choices. Of the remaining choices is what i'm discussing.

I really hope Marshall isn't one of them.

If Barta can't get an a-list guy (Pearl, Dixon,Drew), then he better go with Forbes. The guy has been a head coach (JC) and has the type of connections and personality necessary to right this ship.

I agree that Forbes is a risk; but based on the names I'm seeing- it might be time to take a risk. I'd feel better about Forbes, Lavin, BJ, Collins, Lusk, or Gillespie than Morrill, Boylen or Marshall.

As far as I am concerned, good coaching is good coaching, and it doesn't matter at what level a coach is at. From what I read on Forbes, he had like a 69 - 15 or something ridiculous like that in his stints as HC in Community College. The difference maker is the talent you put on the court, and if you can recruit and you can coach, you will win. I wonder what Mike kresveeskaslkieslkdjfsdlsskie (Duke Coach and i am not even going to try to spelll his name)'s record would be if he didn't have the success he has had at recruiting to Duke. I wonder what his record would be at a Winthrop or Drake or Utah State. I'm just sayin....

The point is, judging from his coaching success at Community College, the contacts he has formed by being an assistant at major BCS colleges in his career and tapping into those contacts as possible assistants when he becomes a HC, and the obvious success he has had at recruiting... add to that his apparent and obvious passion for the University of Iowa, and i would be more than ecstatic with Mr. Forbes as our next coach.

WDM

Forbes said on WMT tonight " it's more about the jimmy and joes that and x and o's"
I love it. Here's an Iowa guy that wants to come to Iowa & bring in the best recruits he can (and he's proven he can do quite well in that category). Still haven't heard anything that I don't like about him.

I heard Jonny Orr say that once at a ISU fundraiser once...Forbes was there.
Maybe that where he got it.

He was referring to the dribble drive offense Calipari uses works pretty well when u have Rose and Wall and some of the others studs they have running it.

Latest posts