For those that watched the game on TV

theboat

I don't blame you for being down. The play on the field wasn't even half as bad as the commentators. They were god awful.

Yes they were! The woman sounds like she's doing a golf tournament...couldn't hear her over the crow at times. And the guy was Captain Obvious. I call them the woman and the guy because there names are irrelevant.

Disagree. I love him. annoying voice but he really knows his stuff about the big ten teams. I would gladly take BTN over ESPN every Saturday.

He knows B10 teams but his analogies are filled with lame cliche's and are seldom insightful.

The broadcast was horrible. It added to my misery through almost three quarters.

Totally agree, FaseMirage. I grew up listening to Iowa games on the radio and I continue to do so to this day. I record the game so I can get an "outsiders" view of the game when I play it back. The only time I don't do this is if there is too much difference between the radio broadcast and what's occurring on the screen. Sometimes, for whatever reason, it can be as much as ten seconds different. Other times it is synced up almost spot on.

As Z used to say, TURN UP THE SOUND. Eddie P adds a great deal of insight to every game.

Announcers aside, the production was horrible. Did we see a single one of the penalty calls? I'm not even talking about replays to see if there was actually a penalty, but just the basics of seeing the ref announce the penalty. It wasn't clear to me what half of our penalties in the first half were, and the announcers didn't pick up the slack to explain things.

The other problem is that Pitt ran their offense so fast that ESPN couldn't squeeze any of their BS studio look-ins/graphics about other games in between their snaps... which means that they did so between pretty much every Iowa play in the first three quarters.

espn is dead to me, gameday is unwatchable, lee corso is to old and can't make it through a sentence its almost sad watching him, unless ur ranked in the top ten the announcers will suck. I would be fine if every game was on btn at least they know where the women belong...on the sideline!

Hey, if it weren't for those expert announcers who of us would have known on our own that on Pitt's final drive it was "four down territory" for Pitt? :confused: Seriously? They get paid to offer that insightful gem? Wow. I thought if Pitt faced a 4th down they would punt.;)

Yes they were! The woman sounds like she's doing a golf tournament...couldn't hear her over the crow at times. And the guy was Captain Obvious. I call them the woman and the guy because there names are irrelevant.

Spot on. Spot on....

My Dad thought the "woman" was a guy. Too funny. I was going to say a tennis match, but golf tourney works well.

Latest posts