For those of you who watched the ISU Game

HaydenHawk56

Besides ISU's determination to beat us in their always biggest game of the year, where will we have match up problems with them? Where are our biggest concerns with them for next week?

It's obviously going to be Jantz's running ability. Our Dline needs to be able to contain him and keep him in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm.

Jantz can run and pass accurately. Same thing that hurt us last year, and would have killed us yesterday if the kid could have thrown the ball at all. Also, they have some pretty good skill kids, that are quick which could be difficult.

Going to be a different game next week that's for sure.

Isn't it a bit early for the cover-your-*** Super Bowl excuse?

the state better get the license plate iowa isu score templates ready......overzealous clownies already standing in line to get their superbowl victory score license plates ordered up....

I don't have the stats in front of me, but what is Iowa's record in Super Bowls? You guys seem to have a ton of them, and never win them.

Rumor has it the Big 10 is changing their scheduling so Iowa can play all 11 teams. Its been ruled unfair that only a select few can play in a super bowl game against Iowa a year. This will effectively end the Iowa/ISU game.

At least if that happened we could get back to playing Wisky. They are scared of us and our ability to dominate line play.

Ok ISU fans, one guy in this thread called it the super bowl, why do you let it bother you? Get over it and move onto the important points about your team. This is the thread to tell how good parts of your team are. I put my two cents in, why can't you do the same without getting over sensitive?

Rumor has it the Big 10 is changing their scheduling so Iowa can play all 11 teams. Its been ruled unfair that only a select few can play in a super bowl game against Iowa a year. This will effectively end the Iowa/ISU game.

You try so hard.

Ok ISU fans, one guy in this thread called it the super bowl, why do you let it bother you? Get over it and move onto the important points about your team. This is the thread to tell how good parts of your team are. I put my two cents in, why can't you do the same without getting over sensitive?

Sorry. I have gone on record saying I think the previous game for both teams means nothing, and the teams are very even. The difference this year is Kinnick.

Iowa 30-ISU 20.

A rare Super Bowl win for the Hawks.

Dude, do you have a tiny penis or what is your deal? You have to be the biggest tool bag I have come across...

It's not being sensitive. It's about mocking the people that actually think the football team puts Iowa at the top of their wish list every season. They love the rivalry, but move on the day after.

Sorry. I have gone on record saying I think the previous game for both teams means nothing, and the teams are very even. The difference this year is Kinnick.

Iowa 30-ISU 20.

A rare Super Bowl win for the Hawks.

Rare huh? 39-20 all-time against the clowns, but by your math I guess that is rare...now run along junior, your mommy has your milk and cookies ready for you

I'll try and help.

Iowa State looked decent yesterday. Felt like they were in control the whole game even when they got down early. Tulsa is not great but they provided a nice test (similar to N Illinois for you guys) to see where we are at.

Offensively
Jantz played pretty well and within himself. The majority of his completions were quick hitters to his receivers that were good for about 5-7 yards a pop all day. He threw one pick that went off the tight ends hands but it was not a well thrown ball. He was steady yesterday.

Backfield was a combination of Shontrelle Johnson and James White. SJ is not big but a very explosive runner. He had 120 yards and a touchdown yesterday and JW also had a nice TD. It was great having Shontrelly back and healthy because he provides a different dynamic to the offense.

Line play was okay. Struggled a little with the blitz but will be a respectable bunch by the end of the year.

Defensively was similar to last year. I don't recall them blitzing a lot yesterday.

What about the Hawks? Just saw a score but have no idea what happened?

Latest posts