For those of you who watched the ISU Game

Rare huh? 39-20 all-time against the clowns, but by your math I guess that is rare...now run along junior, your mommy has your milk and cookies ready for you

That's clever, but follow along. It will be a rare Super Bowl win because you guys always trot out that excuse when you lose.

Can't believe I have to explain that to you, junior.

I feel kind of grossed out. I guess Iowa City did not become the gay capital of Iowa without guys like you so congrats.

I'll try and help.

Iowa State looked decent yesterday. Felt like they were in control the whole game even when they got down early. Tulsa is not great but they provided a nice test (similar to N Illinois for you guys) to see where we are at.

Offensively
Jantz played pretty well and within himself. The majority of his completions were quick hitters to his receivers that were good for about 5-7 yards a pop all day. He threw one pick that went off the tight ends hands but it was not a well thrown ball. He was steady yesterday.

Backfield was a combination of Shontrelle Johnson and James White. SJ is not big but a very explosive runner. He had 120 yards and a touchdown yesterday and JW also had a nice TD. It was great having Shontrelly back and healthy because he provides a different dynamic to the offense.

Line play was okay. Struggled a little with the blitz but will be a respectable bunch by the end of the year.

Defensively was similar to last year. I don't recall them blitzing a lot yesterday.

What about the Hawks? Just saw a score but have no idea what happened?

Thanks Brent. Hawks D looked to be better than expected. They have troubles up front, but showed some good play as well. Struggled with the spread formations and running QB, as again expected. Linebackers disdn't shed blocks very well, so if you can get to the second level with the OL, could be a long day for the Hawks.

The offensive line looked really good on runs, and Bullock surprised. Garmon looked like a freshman. Pass pro struggled a lot against the blitz. I think you'll see your cyclones come a bit more often this week. Vandy didn't look sharp, but a lot has to do with the new offense and reading the d and deciding on routes. no big pass plays and only a few deep attempts.

If Iowa does not improve a great deal on the OL and in execution in the passing game, I think the cyclones win it handily, but that is one guy's opinion that i have already been blasted for.

Latest posts