For those of you right about DJ Carton

How are you celebrating today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least ya saw it for what it was. A joke. Lots of grumps here on a Monday.

It is funny that all the guys coming at you are saying you are becoming unhinged. It is easy to see that you are making fun, and they are all being so serious. I mean we all know the interwebs is SERIOUZ BUSINESS!!

Take a dip and cool off!

pool.gif

This thread is so much better now.

@proudhawkfan21 and @Joshbrown both took the same route when they reached a point of not being able to handle people picking on them. Took the "if people think you're a douche, be a douche" stance. You're better than that.
Dude....lol....im honored that you are obsessed with me...i mean...you can buy a ticket for the show...do you want the gun show or the other show? I cant promise sniffer's row cuz thats been booked for years, but i can probably get you a spot in the back by the restroom. Would you like an autograph or something? I can diagram some schemes, walk you through o-line positioning and technique, teach you how to order a beer at a game. Im here dude. Im not sure how i cant handle you or why you are obsessed. Im used to it, its just usually the ladies. I dont think you are a douche, just slightly more annoying than gas that just wont turn into a fart. Im sure youll make your way out eventually though.

It wasn't meant in poor taste, maybe it's being taken that way. It was just for fun. There seems to be a lot of "I told ya so" - "Iowa and Fran are gonna suck even harder now" - "we deserve this" - "always a bridesmaid" "see, I was right and you were wrong, you are all idiots" kind of thing going on here. No one knew. We do now. If you were right, good for you, it still sucks for Iowa IMO.
This is a time when I wish I had not been right and take no pleasure in it.

Was anybody really "wrong" about not getting Carton anyway? Seemed like either people said there was no way he was coming to Iowa or, people like me who felt there was only a slight chance. Thinking there was a slight chance-I think I mentioned to someone it was like a 1% chance there at the end-and then finding out it didn't happen really isn't "wrong".

I thought we had a good chance. But I didn't realize he moved to Iowa his freshman year. When I read that I figured we were a long shot.

When he said he didn't grow up a Hawk fan and that his grandpa playing at Iowa didn't matter, I guess I knew deep down he wasn't coming, even though I gave it a 1% chance officially.