For those of you right about DJ Carton

How are you celebrating today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow Good. Though we've disagreed, I never really thought of you as an ass before. I don't think many are celebrating. Hawks probably had a 20 percent chance if last year had been average and no more than 50 percent if Fran actually had consistent good results. He doesn't put guys in the NBA (or get that type). DJ made it clear it was a goal. It wasn't rocket science.

Wow Good. Though we've disagreed, I never really thought of you as an ass before. I don't think many are celebrating. Hawks probably had a 20 percent chance if last year had been average and no more than 50 percent if Fran actually had consistent good results. He doesn't put guys in the NBA (or get that type). DJ made it clear it was a goal. It wasn't rocket science.

So, I'm an ass cause I had a lil fun with it? It was honestly just a joke. I do feel like some are celebrating though.

a couple of laughs?
LOL, thanks for the chuckle. That poll was laffy. Even though I did not call it with DJ, I voted anyway.:)

Peeps gotta learn the difference between, their, there, they're, your, you're, to, too, two, then, than, etc.

Would've doesn't = would of. Same with "could've".

Lets get it together people!!:D

It wasn't meant in poor taste, maybe it's being taken that way. It was just for fun. There seems to be a lot of "I told ya so" - "Iowa and Fran are gonna suck even harder now" - "we deserve this" - "always a bridesmaid" "see, I was right and you were wrong, you are all idiots" kind of thing going on here. No one knew. We do now. If you were right, good for you, it still sucks for Iowa IMO.

So, I'm an ass cause I had a lil fun with it? It was honestly just a joke. I do feel like some are celebrating though.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see celebrating. Some disappointment, but actually considering the weight of this the reaction is fairly subdued.

Mostly I was reacting to your responses about those not thrilled with FM. Combined with that, it didn't come across as a joke until you put up the sign like what they used to do to live audiences for comedies...

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see celebrating. Some disappointment, but actually considering the weight of this the reaction is fairly subdued.

Mostly I was reacting to your responses about those not thrilled with FM. Combined with that, it didn't come across as a joke until you put up the sign like what they used to do to live audiences for comedies...

I think people are just used to it, more than anything.

sarcasm is a gift that is often not read or delivered as we think. I might be carrying over other Hawk spots in my overall feeling of the board. Twitter etc.

main-qimg-18d9d7f7e9c8050eea4e63a7fe06230b-c

sarcasm is a gift that is often not read or delivered as we think. I might be carrying over other Hawk spots in my overall feeling of the board. Twitter etc.

main-qimg-18d9d7f7e9c8050eea4e63a7fe06230b-c

Could have used this sign every time GD had his offense throw a pass longer than three yards.

I hope we get to use it this fall when our QB audibles into a passing play. :eek:

Well you missed the most important one, which would have been the narrative that Fran can’t land Point Guards.

But seriously your stick is getting kind of old man. I saw you replied to someone yesterday that none of these posters get to you, but in reality it appears the very negative posters have very much got to you. All you post know is these sarcastic things going after the negative posters. I used to enjoy most of your posts about Iowa basketball with a general positive spin (which isn’t a bad thing).

The real story here is this one stings for Iowa basketball and it stings for Fran. All we can do now is move forward but it would definitely be nice to find some positive news. The 2019 recruiting class was a big one for Fran and while we all built up this narrative that we had a head start and that Pat was going to help land some of these guys it appears to be falling apart at the seams. I appreciate your positivity but at somepoint you may run out of lipstick for this thing.

Well you missed the most important one, which would have been the narrative that Fran can’t land Point Guards.

But seriously your stick is getting kind of old man. I saw you replied to someone yesterday that none of these posters get to you, but in reality it appears the very negative posters have very much got to you. All you post know is these sarcastic things going after the negative posters. I used to enjoy most of your posts about Iowa basketball with a general positive spin (which isn’t a bad thing).

The real story here is this one stings for Iowa basketball and it stings for Fran. All we can do now is move forward but it would definitely be nice to find some positive news. The 2019 recruiting class was a big one for Fran and while we all built up this narrative that we had a head start and that Pat was going to help land some of these guys it appears to be falling apart at the seams. I appreciate your positivity but at somepoint you may run out of lipstick for this thing.

I am not trying to spin this positive at all. If you see where I have tried do that - please point it out. I was just having some fun with the know it all's. That's it. I made the poll answers jokes. It's fun to f with you guys. If you're tired of my stick, put me on ignore I suppose, but I am not really trying to put any lip stick on this. I think it's devastating for Fran and Iowa. It's a giant loss for Fran. I was more poking the people that seem to enjoy it because they want Fran and Gary ran more then they want Iowa to win. You guys don't "get to me" - I get to you. That's clearly obvious. Sorry if I'm not up to par for ya. Honestly, I just want Iowa to be good and win at everything.

I am not trying to spin this positive at all. If you see where I have tried do that - please point it out. I was just having some fun with the know it all's. That's it. I made the poll answers jokes. It's fun to f with you guys. If you're tired of my stick, put me on ignore I suppose, but I am not really trying to put any lip stick on this. I think it's devastating for Fran and Iowa. It's a giant loss for Fran. I was more poking the people that seem to enjoy it because they want Fran and Gary ran more then they want Iowa to win. You guys don't "get to me" - I get to you. That's clearly obvious. Sorry if I'm not up to par for ya. Honestly, I just want Iowa to be good and win at everything.
I think this is your issue. You have this me vs. everybody thing going on. I am not “those guys.” I understand your frustration with several of the posters who have in a way gone off the deep end and post only negative things about everything. But this is a message board so it should not be surprising to see some of that, just as it should not be surprising to see people say I told you so after something like this happens.

There are plenty of posters (myself included) here who will have legitimate conversations about Iowa basketball with you if you know where to look. From my outside looking in perspective you seem more deadset on battling it out with some of the fringe posters. That may be the fun of it for you, for me I just enjoy talking Iowa basketball.

I think this is your issue. You have this me vs. everybody thing going on. I am not “those guys.” I understand your frustration with several of the posters who have in a way gone off the deep end and post only negative things about everything. But this is a message board so it should not be surprising to see some of that, just as it should not be surprising to see people say I told you so after something like this happens.

There are plenty of posters (myself included) here who will have legitimate conversations about Iowa basketball with you if you know where to look. From my outside looking in perspective you seem more deadset on battling it out with some of the fringe posters. That may be the fun of it for you, for me I just enjoy talking Iowa basketball.

I do get off on telling dumb dumb's what sup. I will admit. I am a social justice kind of guy. I don't think that's an issue, it's the role that I like to take. I like talking about Iowa basketball, but this just isn't the place for it for the most part. Twitter all day. This is a archaic, dying message board with lil substance other then back and forth bitching. It's where I come to get my rocks off. Sorry if that seems to be "my problem", cause I don't think it is.

You guys don't "get to me"
If you truly don't care, then why do you cry about it so much and feel the need to tell us in thread after thread after thread how much you don't care? By default that means you do care...greatly. I'm not sure what's tough to understand about that. Using the excuse "I'm just doing it to mess with you guys" is a weaksauce way of talking your way around it that quit working when we were in 7th grade.

This is you with your "I want you all to know repeatedly that I don't care" threads..

If you truly don't care, then why do you cry about it so much and feel the need to tell us in thread after thread after thread how much you don't care? By default that means you do care...greatly. I'm not sure what's tough to understand about that. Using the excuse "I'm just doing it to mess with you guys" is a weaksauce way of talking your way around it that quit working when we were in 7th grade.

This is you with your "I want you all to know repeatedly that I don't care" threads..

You can call it crying all you want, I'll go ahead and stick to maintaining I'm owning a couple of clueless dip shits

@proudhawkfan21 and @Joshbrown both took the same route when they reached a point of not being able to handle people picking on them. Took the "if people think you're a douche, be a douche" stance. You're better than that.

People can easily pick on me. I don't hide. I embrace it, bring it. I really don't think I have been a douche to anyone on here. I try and treat people with respect. I bust balls - I fight posters who fabricate bs, but I don't try and be a douche canoe. I try and be funny. I am sorry, sometimes I am not funny I suppose. It might not land, but I try to be civil. I don't get personal. I guess I am starting to upset some of you dudes. Ya'll wanna tell me what "my problem" is. I find that adorable.