For the people asking for Rudock

Tschroeder13

Why would you think Rudock would do any better than JVB? You might say "Last year they moved AJ Derby to LB because he was making good progress" or something like that but really AJ could help the team more if he was not the back up QB. They said Jake Rudock was making good progress but what some people don't understand is that he was making this progress with different plays, and footwork, and different reads. Both QB's (JVB and Rudock) have had about the same amount of time to learn the new playbook and practice the footwork, who would you expect would do better?
My guess would be a 5th year senior would learn it more easily. If you put Rudock in now like a lot of people are calling for and he struggles like JVB is doing right now what is that going to do to his confidence? Chances are that his confidence wouldn't be best and that could mess him up for the years to come.
It would be a good choice to let Rudock sit on the bench and watch and observe, it will give him more time to get a better understanding of the playbook and give him more practice of the footwork. I'm sure if Rudock had everything down such as the playbook, the footwork, and his reads, that he would be given a chance.
It just makes more sense to go with a 5th year senior over a RS freshman when they have had the same time to learn the new offense. Why put Rudock in when he isn't 100% ready when you don't have to? You don't want him to struggle like JVB is because i'm sure they are having the same problems.
If anything I would be asking the JUCO QB that we have, he would make more sense than a RS freshman that hasn't played a down in college football, he (The JUCO QB) has played two years of football and was sucessful. They went and got the JUCO QB because they thought he would fit the offense not just to fill a spot... It would even be better to have people asking for Winkie before Rudock.
With all this being said you should just support JVB, he is the best choice at QB for iowa football. It is not easy to be learning something for so long and to switch it up, footwork is muscle memory for the most part and if one thing is off when you are playing QB you will not do the best you can. There is still a lot of practice left and i'm confident that he will improve. There is five games (guaranteed) left with a possiblitiy of six to seven. We should just support our QB. The coaches obivously think he is the best choice and I support the coaches, they have been coaching for many years at the highest level of college football and some NFL experience.

(A lot more coaching experience than most of the people asking for Rudock)

Last edited:
tl;dr;mp

frabz-You-wrote-that-massive-wall-of-text-Gooood-Licker-Gooooooood-ce80f7.jpg

Why are our QB's such ******* they can't be subbed without hurting their egos? I say, take those red jerseys and let them be football players. Minny can put in a true freshman and ours are too dumb to handle it until they are juniors??

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if Jake does any better than JVB at this point.

First it's about Jake getting some snaps and some experience.

Second it's about waking up JVB, firing his arse up or some how relaxing the guy... or some combination.

btw I lost you after the 2nd line or 2. Do you believe in paragraphs, anything that is readable?

DFF NSKJNJNNNNNNNKJJJJJJNLKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSJNUSYIBSIBYBSYYBSYYB

So much about playing quarterback is confidence. I would be surprised if Rudock was a better quarterback then JVB on a day to day basis but right now his confidence has dropped so much that he is playing terrible compared to his actual ability. If Rudock came in with some confidence and played to his best ability, how could he not be better then JVB right now? Just because JVB's best is better then Rudock's best doesn't mean his worst is better then Rudock's best. Maybe Rudock would come in and show his worst too but we won't know until we see it. All we know now is we are seeing JVB's worst, or at least hopefully we are.

You can argue that JVB should be the guy. He's not good, but maybe he's by far the best in practice? I don't know, I'm not there. What I do know is that there is 0 excuse for not getting the backup in when you're getting blown out in the 4th quarter.

Why are our QB's such ******* they can't be subbed without hurting their egos? I say, take those red jerseys and let them be football players. Minny can put in a true freshman and ours are too dumb to handle it until they are juniors??
You sound kind of dumb saying "take those red jerseys off and let them be football players". That is all.

Yeah I know there is too much text but it should be said. If you wanna summerize it or something go for it.

Why not you think in terms of some good points and paragraphs?

Suspect you have some good points but it makes are heads and eyes hurt to try and read your post.

Learn how to use the "ENTER" key.

Good luck.

Why not you think in terms of some good points and paragraphs?

Suspect you have some good points but it makes are heads and eyes hurt to try and read your post.

Learn how to use the "ENTER" key.

Good luck.

There you go... Bold points and more paragraphs. You happy now?

Last edited:
How many snaps is JVB going to take for us next season? That would be zero, play for the future now.

Why play the future if the future isn't ready?
To be completely honest we don't know what the future is. All we know is the future is not going to be JVB.
If your argument is about playing the future then they should be playing the back up QB every year or a new recruit...

Last edited:
So, what your saying is, keep all back ups on the bench and that will prepare them mentally for next year rather than playing time in a game that's already decided? No pressure at all? KF is that you?

Why play the future if the future isn't ready?
To be completely honest we don't know what the future is. All we know is the future is not going to be JVB.
If your argument is about playing the future then they should be playing the back up QB every year or a new recruit...

Your kidding right? He won't be anymore ready next season sitting on the sideline watching JVB stink it up all season. I am so looking forward to another lousy season of rebuilding again because we are too stubborn to see the big picture now.

I don't like being critical of our players but is obvious that we are not going to win many games this season, and what is the point of losing with a player at the most critical position on the field that will no longer be playing next season.

That's it, I'm not arguing about this until next Saturday

Why would you think Rudock would do any better than JVB? You might say "Last year they moved AJ Derby to LB because he was making good progress" or something like that but really AJ could help the team more if he was not the back up QB. They said Jake Rudock was making good progress but what some people don't understand is that he was making this progress with different plays, and footwork, and different reads. Both QB's (JVB and Rudock) have had about the same amount of time to learn the new playbook and practice the footwork, who would you expect would do better?
My guess would be a 5th year senior would learn it more easily. If you put Rudock in now like a lot of people are calling for and he struggles like JVB is doing right now what is that going to do to his confidence? Chances are that his confidence wouldn't be best and that could mess him up for the years to come.
It would be a good choice to let Rudock sit on the bench and watch and observe, it will give him more time to get a better understanding of the playbook and give him more practice of the footwork. I'm sure if Rudock had everything down such as the playbook, the footwork, and his reads, that he would be given a chance.
It just makes more sense to go with a 5th year senior over a RS freshman when they have had the same time to learn the new offense. Why put Rudock in when he isn't 100% ready when you don't have to? You don't want him to struggle like JVB is because i'm sure they are having the same problems.
If anything I would be asking the JUCO QB that we have, he would make more sense than a RS freshman that hasn't played a down in college football, he (The JUCO QB) has played two years of football and was sucessful. They went and got the JUCO QB because they thought he would fit the offense not just to fill a spot... It would even be better to have people asking for Winkie before Rudock.
With all this being said you should just support JVB, he is the best choice at QB for iowa football. It is not easy to be learning something for so long and to switch it up, footwork is muscle memory for the most part and if one thing is off when you are playing QB you will not do the best you can. There is still a lot of practice left and i'm confident that he will improve. There is five games (guaranteed) left with a possiblitiy of six to seven. We should just support our QB. The coaches obivously think he is the best choice and I support the coaches, they have been coaching for many years at the highest level of college football and some NFL experience.

(A lot more coaching experience than most of the people asking for Rudock)

First off you need to read aaronzuriel's post further down the wall from yours. You wrote an ENTIRE wall of crap and ignored the obvious. We were getting BLOWN out...meaning we had NO chance of winning. Given that why would you NOT give the back up a few series give him some reps not as punishment to JVB but in preparation should JVB go down with injury. In a blowout NOTHING good can come from keeping JVB in unless Kirk wanted to pad his stats so he can say post game look at the numbers James didn't do too badly. HawkSQUAT!

Your kidding right? He won't be anymore ready next season sitting on the sideline watching JVB stink it up all season. I am so looking forward to another lousy season of rebuilding again because we are too stubborn to see the big picture now.

I don't like being critical of our players but is obvious that we are not going to win many games this season, and what is the point of losing with a player at the most critical position on the field that will no longer be playing next season.

That's it, I'm not arguing about this until next Saturday

My point is we don't know if the future is ready or not. It would not be good to send a QB that is not ready to play... He has NEVER taken a snap in a game at the college level. I suspect that he is having a lot of the same stuggles that JVB is having. They both learned and focused on something different than they are doing this year. It just doesn't make sense to throw in a QB who has NEVER taken a snap against any level of college opponents and play them against B1G schools.

First off you need to read aaronzuriel's post further down the wall from yours. You wrote an ENTIRE wall of crap and ignored the obvious. We were getting BLOWN out...meaning we had NO chance of winning. Given that why would you NOT give the back up a few series give him some reps not as punishment to JVB but in preparation should JVB go down with injury. In a blowout NOTHING good can come from keeping JVB in unless Kirk wanted to pad his stats so he can say post game look at the numbers James didn't do too badly. HawkSQUAT!

I'm not talking about one game... People have been calling for Rudock instead JVB. In my post please correct me if im wrong but when did i mention the PSU when we were getting blown out. Thank you.

Latest posts