? for people who want to fire Lick

westview

I may be one of them, but I am waiting to see if any one transfers after the season. My question is if Lick gets fired how long does the new coach get before people want him gone?

On here? The amount of time it takes for some people to log on to here after he is announced as the new coach....

3 seasons and if we are not getting any better then hire someone else. why wouldnt he get fired? the basketball team is costing the university money right now not making the university money. we stink and we are not getting better. his system is retarted and the players hate it too. we have 0 talent because he cant recruit and that is part of coaching. there was maybe 1,000 people at last nights game. that is pathetic and i dont even think it was 1,000. what university would keep a coach after the these last 3 seasons.

Licklitter has to be fired

Stop wasting time and energy on Lick needing to be fired. It ain't gonna happen even if we don't win another game this year. I'll say it three times:

It ain't gonna happen
It ain't gonna happen
It ain't gonna happen.

So, why keep bringing it up? Come to think about it, why am I wasting my time responding to it?

Attendance is why it will happen

Lick is done in March
Lick is done in March
Lick is done in March

Probably won't be fired after this year, but I expect him gone after next year. Which is kind of stupid because we are not going to get any better.

It keeps being brought up because a few people still have some hope for the future of Iowa basketball and they can see that there will never be any improvement as long as this current staff is here. We need a coach who can sell his program to the fans and quality recruits instead of feeding us a bunch of BS about how the program is on the right track and has turned the corner. The win-loss record and all the empty seats seem to be telling a different story.

Absent extremely extenuating circumstances, there is no reason to give a college basketball coach more than three years to turn a program around. Recruiting is such a big part of success and in 3 years you pretty much have a team of your own making.

Lick won't be fired at the end of the season ... I sent a letter to Barta sharing my two cents about state of the program ... He did not agree that a change was needed at the end of the season. So expect Lick for at least one more season ...

I'll wait and see what the rest of the year brings before I deciede. If the team can show improvement the rest of the way and then we have no major transfer at the end of the year, then give lick another year. He has a good class coming in and like it has been said on other posts "you can win with freshman" I believe you have too have more around them then what our freshman have this year. Barring transfers next years team will have Gatens, Fuller and Brommer (needs to contuniue show improvement) as juniors, Payne, May and Coguil all with a year of experience. Cole as our lone senior.
I can see a bright future being started here, but the improvement needs to start now and the present team needs to stay.

Lick won't be fired at the end of the season ... I sent a letter to Barta sharing my two cents about state of the program ... He did not agree that a change was needed at the end of the season. So expect Lick for at least one more season ...

Because if Barta were going to make a change, he would break the story to some random guy who has enough time to e-mail him. Sounds like one more year of Lick is a done deal...

I'll wait and see what the rest of the year brings before I deciede. If the team can show improvement the rest of the way and then we have no major transfer at the end of the year, then give lick another year. He has a good class coming in and like it has been said on other posts "you can win with freshman" I believe you have too have more around them then what our freshman have this year. Barring transfers next years team will have Gatens, Fuller and Brommer (needs to contuniue show improvement) as juniors, Payne, May and Coguil all with a year of experience. Cole as our lone senior.
I can see a bright future being started here, but the improvement needs to start now and the present team needs to stay.

You need the rest of this season to determine if they are going to show any signs of improvement? You can put a fork in them, they are done. You might see some kids improve statistically but thats about it. We have a very limited bench and a very limited team in general. The offense is slow and plodding, the defense is almost non-existent, the passing is brutal, we don't seem to want to play zone even though we are out manned athletically and height wise. Lick is set in his ways and come hell or high water he's going down teaching these kids the Butler way.

No offense to the kids that have signed LOIs but to think next years class will save this team is using poor basketball judgment. Our obvious needs are PG and PF/C positions. We aren't adding anyone in either of those two positions. Our deficiencies are athleticism, defense and ball handling. Not really gaining a whole lot there either. I'm not talking about improving our current team either because improving on a last place team isn't that tough to do, I'm talking about catching up with the top dogs in our conference. We add 3 stars, they add 4 and 5 stars. We are falling further and further behind. "We" might improve but our position in the conference isn't going to improve.

You need the rest of this season to determine if they are going to show any signs of improvement? You can put a fork in them, they are done. You might see some kids improve statistically but thats about it. We have a very limited bench and a very limited team in general. The offense is slow and plodding, the defense is almost non-existent, the passing is brutal, we don't seem to want to play zone even though we are out manned athletically and height wise. Lick is set in his ways and come hell or high water he's going down teaching these kids the Butler way.

No offense to the kids that have signed LOIs but to think next years class will save this team is using poor basketball judgment. Our obvious needs are PG and PF/C positions. We aren't adding anyone in either of those two positions. Our deficiencies are athleticism, defense and ball handling. Not really gaining a whole lot there either. I'm not talking about improving our current team either because improving on a last place team isn't that tough to do, I'm talking about catching up with the top dogs in our conference. We add 3 stars, they add 4 and 5 stars. We are falling further and further behind. "We" might improve but our position in the conference isn't going to improve.

But wait! You haven't heard yet?! Iowa is in Tim Toler's top five!!! What? You haven't heard of him? Neither have I or anyone else I know.

Toler Down to Five : MidStateHoops.com

Ghost has the post of the year:)

Nice retort. I really got a great chuckle out of your response.

I can't blame the kids for taking, or at the very least looking, at better offers. I blame the coaching staff for looking at kids that clearly aren't at the level they need to be in order to compete night in and night out. These kids need to be ready from day 1 to compete in order to succeed OR they need to be ABLE to take 1 or 2 years to develop their skills if they are big men.

I can't blame the kids for taking, or at the very least looking, at better offers. I blame the coaching staff for looking at kids that clearly aren't at the level they need to be in order to compete night in and night out. These kids need to be ready from day 1 to compete in order to succeed OR they need to be ABLE to take 1 or 2 years to develop their skills if they are big men.

You're not referring to JUCO phenom Tim Toler are you?